Years ago… oh damn it’s already 10 years ago (click Ten Minutes With), I had an idea that I wanted to “interview” people who are smart, have cool ideas, are people I know (or are friends of friends) that my other friends should get to know. One part share ideas and one part introduce friends to friends.
Think hanging out at a coffee shop with a friend and being able to record the conversation. Because so many times I have walked away from such a conversation and thought, damn… I wish I had written “that thing” down.
I mentioned this to Casey Allen a couple of months ago and he said:
Great, when are you going to start doing this?
A couple of weeks went by and he asked again. And then a couple of weeks ago he asked again.
I was getting annoyed with him but angry with me for not doing it.
So I asked Casey if he would be willing to be the first one and he said yes.
Last night we had a chat and I hit record it is posted below.
Why call it “10 Minutes With”… I am infamous, notorious for saying to someone, “Hey do you have 10 minutes for a call?” And of course it is never 10 minutes. Sometimes as short as 30 minutes usually an hour and not unheard of for 2 hours to go by.
So “10 Minutes With” seems appropriate.
Why you should listen:
- Casey has deep knowledge of the Minnesota startup and tech scene
What we talk about:
- Casey’s conferences and events he is putting on and our thoughts on community
- Twin Cities Startup Week and the Fly In Program
- DocuMNtary and Nick Roseth
- Minnesota tech scene: bull or bear
- Recent startup acquisitions
- An post about one day the Midwest having more startups than Silicon Valley
- 5 years from now… where will be.
The audio and video are good enough… there are a couple of hiccups and do not want you thinking it is you or your connection. For a first try at this and with only hitting record and play I think it turned out well.
Here is the conversation and below are some links to check out:
How to find Casey:
- Twin Cities Startup Week
- Soon-to-premiere movie touts Minnesota's vibrant, diverse tech industry
- In 5 years, the Midwest will have more startups than Silicon Valley
Stay in touch with me by clicking:
|Newsletter Sign Up|