Who We’re Looking For
When I Work is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Human Resource leader to lead our company strategy around culture and talent relations as we continue to grow. We welcome a leader who can share and live out our vision, culture, and values. You are someone who….
- relates well and easily with others - across teams and levels;
- puts people first;
- evangelizes our core values;
- enjoys strategizing;
- has a great sense of humor;
- is a great communicator, both verbal and written, with the ability to handle a wide array of situations and hold your ground when needed;
- able to influence others; and
- will do whatever it takes to get the job done. You aren’t afraid of the details.
This VP/Director of Human Resources will completely own all aspects of HR, which include everything from talent acquisition/recruiting, compensation and benefits, employee development, performance management, culture and future HR strategy.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's human resource function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the company’s plans and programs as a strategic partner but particularly from the perspective of the impact on talent and culture.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the company’s current and future employees.
- Working with recruiters, develop staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the company.
- Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization with management and the employees in order to be an effective listener and problem solver of employee issues.
- Develop appropriate policies and training programs for effective management of the employees of the company. Included in this area but not limited only to the following would be programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education and career development.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce human resources policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the company.
- Serve as a strategic adviser to managers when it comes to concerns and issues with their direct reports; be the voice of HR and legal matters (working with our attorney), ensuring issues and disputes are resolved properly and legally.
- Manage the budget and other financial measures of the Human Resources Department.
Experience and Skills Needed
- 6+ years of HR leadership experience, with a focus on HR strategy around high growth start ups.
- 4+ years at VP/Director level experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related areas required; MBA a plus.
- Experience in software/SaaS-based businesses, start up experience a plus.
- Potential to thrive in a fast-paced and high-growth startup environment with evolving responsibilities.
- Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A track record creating and implementing high-quality human resource programs and strategies that have successfully scaled with rapid growth, preferably in a startup.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively partner/influence senior business leaders to drive strategic decisions while balancing the need for tactical execution of HR processes and workflows.
- Strong knowledge of major employment laws and regulations.
- SPHR certification preferred.
What’s In It For You
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work environment
- Dynamic and dedicated team
- Data/Cell (internet) stipend
- Casual dress code
Sound Like a Good Fit?
Check out our core values. If they excite you, we’d love to talk! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position)
- Cover letter explaining why you’d like to work at When I Work, and not somewhere else.
Who We Are
Did you know that 60% of people with a job in the United States is an hourly employee? Did you also know that the majority of the hourly workforce is employed by businesses with less than 100 employees?
At When I Work, we exist to make work less work for the hourly workforce. We help managers and employees work better together by making it incredibly easy for their employers to schedule, communicate and track time with their hourly teams.
Helping small businesses with scheduling and time tracking is just the beginning. Our mission is to connect every hourly worker on the planet to When I Work so that we can help them on the job, off the job and between jobs. We want to make work less work for everyone so they can spend more time living and less time working.
We need your help. If you value artistry, go beyond, are curious, dependable, and resourceful, then we’d love for you to join us on our quest to reduce friction for every hourly worker on the planet.
- 2013 Minnesota Cup High Tech division winner
- Numerous “Best Place to Work” awards
- Fast-growing When I Work to acquire ShiftHub, raises another $5 million (Minneapolis StarTribune)
- How bagging groceries inspired Chad Halvorson to bootstrap When I Work (Mixergy.com)
- When I Work: A Company That Incubated Itself (Inc.com 2014 list of 35 Under 35 Coolest Entrepreneurs)
- Interview with Chad Halvorson, CEO of When I Work (Greater MSP)
- Chad Halvorson and Alan Patricof on Bloomberg TV (2014)
Find and follow us online:
To apply or find out more info about When I Work…
Send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay in touch with me by clicking:
|Newsletter Sign Up|