I’m not going to be shy… there are a handful of Minnesota startups that have a great future and When I Work is one of them. I have no doubt one day this will be a great Minnesota tech story and am thrilled to be a part of putting the recruiting function in place.
NOTE: Not an IT Recruiter? Read on… We are looking for you too. Click Recruiter to see the generalist job description.
If you are not familiar with When I Work we are a staff of 60 looking to be near 100 by the end of the year with more growth in 2016. We recently raised a $5M round of funding with most of that going to hiring.
Serious… this is no BS.
Here is some info:
- 2013 Minnesota Cup High Tech division winner
- Numerous “Best Place to Work” awards
- Fast-growing When I Work to acquire ShiftHub, raises another $5 million (Minneapolis StarTribune)
- How bagging groceries inspired Chad Halvorson to bootstrap When I Work (Mixergy.com)
- When I Work: A Company That Incubated Itself (Inc.com 2014 list of 35 Under 35 Coolest Entrepreneurs)
- Interview with Chad Halvorson, CEO of When I Work (Greater MSP)
- Chad Halvorson and Alan Patricof on Bloomberg TV (2014)
Find and follow us online:
My current role is to help with day to day recruiting, tell the When I Work story (branding) and create a recruiting strategy. Whoever is hired will pick up these tasks and be empowered to move them forward as I stake a step back.
This role may be for you if:
- You like to recruit. Not lazy, job board posting, shuffle paper (pass on email) and never pick up the phone recruiting but aggressive recruit, source and close recruiting.
- You know technology, how it works and can speak it with IT pros.
- You like to recruit locally and nationally
- You want to be empowered. There are innovative and fin things at your current boring job that they will not let you do. Bring your ideas here. Let’s try them out.
- You get that recruiting is some parts marketing, PR, sales, analytics, art and science.
- You’ve thought, “Dang, I wish I could just do my job.”
- You don’t like to be micro managed but do get having metrics and goals to hit.
- You want to attend tech events, speak at user group meetings and attend some national recruiting and sourcing events to further hone your craft.
- You are a good story teller.
- You want to build a team, culture and company. Not just place people.
- You are the type of person who one day wants to say, “I helped build the When I Work team.”
NOTE: for my colleagues and friends… I am part of the hiring process and actively facilitating conversations. I am NOT the decision maker. I say that because I do not want anyone to think I am hiring friends or giving anyone favoritism. Please apply through the company portal below.
Trust me… if you are an IT Recruiter and want to work hard for a good team and be a part of something that is going to be very, very cool… reach out to us.
Who We’re Looking For & What You’re Doing
To apply click Technical Recruiter & Evangelist
As a full-time in-house recruiter and tech evangelist at When I Work, you will play a critical role in growing our remote software engineering team. Our software engineers are world-class and we’re looking for a world-class recruiter to help us grow engineering significantly. Our engineering team works remotely so you will be sourcing candidates from all over the U.S. (at least for now!).
You will be responsible for ensuring that we hire high quality candidates for engineering. You will build a deep pipeline of potential candidates for various software engineering positions including mobile, front-end, full stack, QA, and operations. You will run the recruitment process from start to finish, including working with management to define required skill sets, screening candidates for basic technical ability, coordinating interviews, booking flights, checking references, and closing offers. You will also manage the When I Work brand from a recruiting standpoint, by telling the story of the When I Work opportunity and culture in the engineering community. You will be the voice of our engineering team and evangelize to the world.
You must be ready to work hard to find and attract top talent. This role requires that you be highly proactive in sourcing and recruiting the best -- posting a job description and seeing what happens won’t come close to cutting it.
Experience and Skills Needed
- Experienced (seriously, been there done that) recruiting experience, preferably at a start-up. Must have metrics to demonstrate your success.
- Direct sourcing experience with a demonstrated ability to build a pipeline of qualified candidates for a variety of positions at different levels of the organization.
- Remote hiring experience highly preferred. Since we hire from all over the country, we get a lot of applicants. You know what it takes to build a process that quickly finds great candidates in an sea of good ones.
- Knowledge of technical jargon and skill sets, as well as an understanding of how software is built and maintained. You can get past all the buzzwords to see what they really know.
- Know what competitive compensation packages look like and when they need to be adjusted.
- Know what it takes to build our engineering brand in the community.
- Strong interpersonal skills and extensive experience conducting interviews.
- Experience coaching and providing feedback to interviewers and hiring managers.
- Great selling and closing skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal.
- Knowledgeable with Application Tracking Systems, Jazz (formerly Resumator) a strong plus.
Sound Like a Good Fit?
Check out our core values. If they excite you, we’d love to talk! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position)
- Cover letter explaining why you’d like to work at When I Work, and not somewhere else.
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
When I Work is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, sex, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply click Technical Recruiter & Evangelist
Stay in touch with me by clicking:
|Newsletter Sign Up|