Full Time Minnesota IT Job
Are you a Web Develop who wants to work with talented architects and a proven group of founders with many years of experience in the tech and startup space and clients that include Google, Twitter and Facebook?
SportsData, LLC is a 5+ year old 50+ employee software company that is like a startup with the stability of a well established parent company.
We are growing at a fast rate. Check out part of the build out on our new 22,000 sf ft office we are moving in Q1 2015:
Speaking of growth, here is a recent article
If you are into technology and data (sports is a plus but only to the level of armchair QB) and like to find creative ways to use technology to fix problems this is something you should check out.
This dynamic, self-motivated Web Developer will develop and manage the SportsData content management/distribution platform. The CMS Web Developer will create workflows that enable our journalists to product content, as well as automatically ingest content (image, editorial, etc.) from various third parties. Based on a set of rules, the CMS will add various forms of metadata and syndicate the content to SportsData’s customers via API.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Create, develop and manage content for organization’s content web presence.
- Work closely with Project Managers and other members of the Development Team to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Keep content up to date by checking regularly for outdated information.
- Verify content display compatibility within all browsers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and requirements
- 5+ years of experience with open source content management products (Drupal, Workpress, Joomla), including implementation, configuration/coding of workflows and creation of custom modules.
- Background in web development using Linux-based operating systems.
- Experience creating and talking to REST services, RSS feeds and other data exchanges.
- Familiarity with content rights management and experience implementing copyright, expiration and access control.
- Design and implementation of user-centered interfaces and production workflows.
- Experience and/or familiarity with any of the following technology is preferred, but not required:
- Ruby, JRuby, Java, Tomcat
- MetaTaggers, entity extraction
If interested in speaking about this or other opportunities send any of the following to me: summary, resume, links to LinkedIn or portfolio:
Minnesota Headhunter, LLC
Stay in touch with me by clicking:
|Newsletter Sign Up|