Careerbuilder posted their annual Most Unbelievable Excuses for Calling in Sick and once again I am not surprised. Humored… not surprised.
Memo to the people: if you are going to call in sick do not, let me repeat that… do not at some point during the day post an Instagram photo from the lake, check in on Foursquare at the ballpark or tag all your friends on Facebook while at the bar.
And when you do call in sick come up with something better than this Top 10:
- Employee just put a casserole in the oven.
- Employee’s plastic surgery for enhancement purposes needed some "tweaking" to get it just right.
- Employee was sitting in the bathroom and her feet and legs fell asleep. When she stood, up she fell and broke her ankle.
- Employee had been at the casino all weekend and still had money left to play with on Monday morning.
- Employee woke up in a good mood and didn't want to ruin it.
- Employee had a “lucky night” and didn’t know where he was.
- Employee got stuck in the blood pressure machine at the grocery store and couldn't get out.
- Employee had a gall stone they wanted to heal holistically.
- Employee caught their uniform on fire by putting it in the microwave to dry.
- Employee accidentally got on a plane.
Got on a plane… come on. Seriously, how do you accidentally get on a plane?
Broke an ankle, still with money at a casino and a “lucky night”… those I can respect. What I mean is, no way you make those up. Totally legit.
And woke up in a good mood and didn't want to ruin it… completely reasonable.
There is more humor to be found so click Most Unbelievable Excuses for Calling in Sick
While getting a good chuckle it does bring up a conversation about sick time, vacation, etc.
53% say they have gone into work when sick because they felt the work won’t get done otherwise
38% did the same because they can’t afford to miss a day of pay
We need to fix that. If you’re sick you should be able to stay home, get well, not worry about the work getting done and not be concerned about the lost income.
Stay in touch with me by clicking:
|Newsletter Sign Up|