Drive ThruHR is hosted by William Tincup (@williamtincup), Bryan Wempan (@bryanwempen) and Nisha Raghaven (@thehrbuddy) and every day during the lunch hour (Noon CT) for 30 or so minutes they speak with someone in the HR and Recruiter space.
Last week I was a guest and had a fun conversation with William.
Some of the topics we covered:
- Recruiting for startups in Minneapolis
- STEM and the talent shortage
- Why companies don’t do internships
- Salaries and compensation
- My favorite interview question
- How to figure out if candidates and clients are a good fit
- How I find tech folks
- Passive vs Active candidates
- “Garden of Eden” there is no perfect place to work
- My new client and revenue model
- #LakeLife vs #RecruiterLife
You can listen to our chat by clicking:
Yeah… my use of “sucks” was high. Given it was a Friday and a chat with a friend it is understandable.
Unfortunately it sounds like my cell reception was not as good as it could be.
The above photo I took as a “selfie” while on the phone at CoCo Minneapolis.
Click Drive ThruHR to see the archive of all the calls they have done.
Connect with me by clicking: