For a long, long, long time I have wanted to start a job board to help support the local tech community. Tech defined as IT, Med, Bio, Science, etc.
For whatever reason I never get around to it in part because I do not know what the demand is, will be. I think I know it but then never follow through with it to find out.
Silly, right? Welcome to my world of 15 ideas and not trying 1 of them.
I already own the domain names necessary to do it and/or could just add another page here on the blog.
So here goes my 1st attempt at seeing if there is a need for such a thing.
On Wednesday’s (starting tomorrow and I know this is not a lot of notice) I am going to do this as a blog post here on the main page.
Here is what I am looking for... jobs in:
- IT (developers, programmers, help desk, Big Data, etc.) any kind of company
- Med, Bio and Science companies who have any kind of jobs (Robotics, Project Managers, Marketing, Sales, Executive, Customer Service, HR, etc.)
What I am looking to post is:
- Job title, a brief/short summary (longer than a Tweet, shorter than a paragraph), and an email address or link for folks to apply to. I strongly encourage you to let folks contact you directly versus email@example.com or an ATS but that’s up to you.
Here are some examples of what I am thinking about:
- iOS Engineer: ABC, LLC is an Eden Prairie startup building a wicked cool thing that no one has ever thought of. We need an iOS Engineer to help with the app. Contact our VP at firstname.lastname@example.org and send her a link to GitHub, code sample or LinkedIn url. We can do the resume thing later.
- Senior Marketing Manager: XYZ, Inc. a Minneapolis med device company is seeking a senior marketing manager to develop a new line of products. 7-10 years of experience needed. Send your resume/inquiry to me at email@example.com and follow us on Twitter @johndoe and @XYZinc
- Multiple openings: LOL, Inc does bio tech and we are recruiting Sales, 2nd Shift Customer Service, Help Desk and Lab Technicians. We are growing fast and need help now. Go to our career page for these and more jobs www.lolinc.com/jobs
- Cost = Free
- Location = MUST be in Minnesota
- Type = Full Time, Part Time, Contract, Project, Internship, (whatever)
- Search/Consulting/Contracting firms: I will post for you only if this is a full time, perm job with your company. Don't mess with me on this, I will find out
- Send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org
- I need the content by 3 pm tomorrow, Wednesday June 26th
- If we miss that time I will automatically post them next week, July 3rd
I’m tired of thinking about this… I need to give it a try.
Connect with me by clicking: