Job Search Seminar: Be Your Own Headhunter
October 26, 2010
After getting an increased number of calls in recent weeks from folks seeking advice and help it is time to bring back the job search, LinkedIn and networking seminars.
Rather than do a session specific to job search and then general sessions on LinkedIn and social media I am doing one only focused on the job search.
Over 13 years as a search firm recruiter I have had a unique look at this process from the corporate recruiter and HR side and from the job seekers.
This is going to be a slightly more aggressive version of what I have been doing for 8+ years and I am going to show how I would do a job search in this economy.
2.5 hours seems like a long time but I am going to cover a lot of topics including:
- Current economic and job statistics
- Conduct a personal online audit
- LinkedIn: optimize profile, search strings using keywords, title, company, skill set and location, how to connect
- Social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, etc)
- What to say and online to attract recruiters
- Selling and marketing of you, would you hire you
- Creating, using and supporting a network
- Company source of hire, where do recruiters find candidates
- Finding a job is a job and a contact sport
- Where to find job postings
- What are these hidden jobs people talk about, how do you find them
- Research companies, decision makers, hiring managers and recruiters
- Email: would to say
- Follow up: when and how often
See Be Your Own Headhunter for more information (and note the new link http://www.mnheadhunter.com/beyourownheadhunter)
Sessions are already scheduled for the next week:
All sessions start at 12 PM CDT, will go for about 2.5 hours and then time for a lengthy Q&A if needed. I wan to answer as many questions as we can.
For the first time I am charging a fee for the session but it is on an honor system:
- Pay for what you learn
- Pay for what you can
- Pay nothing if I waste your time (not going to happen)
That’s right, you get to choose what you pay and not until you have heard the session. No risk to you.
If you know of someone who could use this information please pass this link on to them.
And if you know of a group in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St Paul who would want this information for their members I can trim the 2.5 hours into smaller pieces as needed.
If you have any questions about the sessions send me an email email@example.com