No matter what your feelings were or who you voted for, you'd have to have a stone heart not to see how this inauguration is impacting kids
I have thought about this quite a bit since Election Day. Kids will group knowing that just maybe it is true that in America you can be anything you want to be. As a late 30’s white guy I can barely imagine what that must be like but for the kids to see this, for these kids to grow up with that thought has to be a most powerful message.
I am a pomp and circumstance guy too. I love inaugurations so I am geeking out on the history, protocols, the red white and blue.
That we can transfer power without bloodshed, tanks in the streets, Martial Law is a beautiful thing.
Other than security (always an issue) it seems the next biggest issue is if there are enough port o potties for the crowds they are expecting.
On this Martin Luther King Jr holiday and in these times I am reminded how blessed I have been to be born in this country. No doubt we have issues, problems, and big things ahead of us but taking that proverbial step back for a moment, there is no place I would rather be.
Recruiter and HR:
- Fistful of Talent: Hey Jerry Jones: Individual Talent is Often Overrated
- The HR Capitalist: Wells Fargo and Firing Former Employees as a Part of Mergers and Acquisitions...
- Cheezhead: search engine offers free social reference checks
- The Talent Buzz: The Coverage Continues… News, Information, and Blog Posts for the Twitter Community
Career and Job Search:
- Wall Street Journal: Folks Are Flocking to the Library, a Cozy Place to Look for a Job
- MSNBC: Under 30? Looking for a job? You're not alone
- Brazen Careerist: Networking Thru Social Media, Steal This strategy!
- CareerDiva: Who’s the most screwed in this economy?
- What Would Dad Say: Don’t Fire Yourself
- JobMob: 39 Best Job Search Tip Articles of 2008
- The Boston Globe: Flex your networking skills
- Career Solvers: In Life and Job Search, Preparation is Key
- Blue Sky Resumes: The 7 Mistakes You're Probably Making On LinkedIn
Local blog posts from TwinCitiesBlogs.com:
- RemainComm: On the Trail of Twitter's Tipping Point
- Small Business Mavericks: Social Media: Finding the Right Site to Join
- Media Pirate: Mediapirates Top Five Reasons To Use Social Media!
- Twitter Means Business: Facebook (and Twitter): my recent epiphany
- Bex Huff: What is a Technology Certificate Really Worth?
- The PF Hyper Blog: Minneapolis Unwired: Park Board decides to throw its weight around