Yeah, Woo Hoo for the first official work day of 2009.
“2009 business world, it's me versus you. Hope you are rested, fed, and up to the fight because I am going to kick your ass.”
I have been getting some inquiries by out of town friends about the U. S. Senate contest between Norm Coleman and Al Franken.
Today the Canvassing Board could certify the results which have Al Franken +225 votes. Then there is a seven day waiting period for law suits.
Norm Coleman currently has a request with the State Supreme Court about 600+ ballots he says were improperly rejected and not put in the big pile to be looked at.
Whatever, I am not overly excited about either of these guys but it would be nice to get this past us. And if Franken is the winner we can start getting into all the jokes that will come our way. First Jesse Ventura now Al Franken.
Uff Da, as my Grandma was fond of saying.
Here are some links to blog posts over the weekend. Note most of them are of the “liberal” variety:
Al Franken and Norm Coleman:
- The Twin Cities Daily Liberal: Thoughts on the recount process and Al Franken’s “victory”
- Minnesota Independent: Coleman camp: ‘We’ll take legal action to remedy Franken’s artificial lead’
- MNpublius: Pundits Agree: Norm Probably Can’t Win
- MNpublius: My Advice For Norm Coleman
- The Power Liberal: The advantage of the Coleman stall...
Today’s useless stat:
- December was the 14th snowiest on record for Minneapolis and St. Paul. Average snowfall for the month is 10 inches with 17.4 in December 2008.
Here is something new to these posts, events that I am attending/presenting:
- 13th StarTribune Career Fair (Presenter – Job Search)
- 16th Social Media Breakfast – Twin Cities (Attendee)
- 19th Code Freeze (Attendee)
- 20th Savage Chamber Commerce (Presenter – LinkedIn)
- 7th UnSummit (Attendee & Presenter – Career Topics)
And now the link fest...
- Joel on Software: Another resume tip
- Wall Street Journal: Twitter Yourself a Job
- The Talent Buzz: Job Search Tools - JobCompass vs. CareerBuilder
Recruiter and HR:
- Jobs2Web: Facebook recruiting tips and tricks
- Fistful of Talent: Why Evil HR Types Block All Social Media at Your Company....
- Human Resource Executive Online: Alternatives to Layoffs
- CollegeRecruiter.com: Students Use Email for More Than Just Social Networking