The last three weeks I have done three different presentations and have inserted them below.
This morning I presented at the Social Media Breakfast – Twin Cities on “Using Social Media In Your Job Search.” Before going further I want to, need to say, in six or seven years of doing career related presentations I have NEVER had so much fun.
Thank you to those who attended and for participating in the conversation. Lots of really good questions were asked and this being my first time doing a presentation to this niche I learned quite a few things and will add a few slides in future similar presentations.
- Please pass on to friends, family, coworkers and anyone you know who is now or may in the future be doing a job search the following web site, Be Your Own Headhunter http://www.beyourownheadhunter.com
- As I type this (1-30-09) there is not much there but in the coming week it will be a good source of job search information. I will also be adding city pages that will have links of local information with Minneapolis and St. Paul being the first. (big shock, right?)
- In about two weeks I will be doing free job search webinars likely on a weekly basis.
- If you know of a group within short driving distance who would like to have a speaker on job search, networking, LinkedIn, etc please pass my name along. For local presentations I do not charge a fee.
- If you attended today’s event (or either of the previous two) and I missed a topic you had hoped would be covered please leave a comment below so I can see if/how to work it into a presentation.
That’s it for “announcements.”
OK, I lied...
NOTE: Today’s presentation was taken in part by the two below it as well as new content specific to today. You may/will want to look at the others to get more information on doing a job search and using LinkedIn as a tool.
The following was presented at the Savage Chamber of Commerce 1-20-09:
The following was presented at the StarTribune Career Fair 1-13-09 and is my standard job search presentation: