Sometimes the day does not allow a blog post let alone write about things on my mind or I hear about like economic, political, local news (sports too).
With Twitter, you at least get some of the flavor, a flash moment during the day, of what I am thinking about. You can follow during the day or see the digest below.
Here are the highlights of my recent Twitter activity. If you want to see the full version click MN Headhunter on Twitter
MN Headhunter on Twitter | October 17, 2008 - October 14, 2008 (last one first, links added):
October 17, 2008
- Yahoo! HotJobs: 7 Tips for Negotiating Your Salary in a Troubled Economy
- JibberJobber: 7 Tips To Manage and Organize A Job Search
- Business Pundit: Small Business Fights to Stay Alive with Decreased Availability to Credit
- Bob Sutton Work Matters: Layoffs and Creativity: Are You Expelling the Innovators?
- Forbes.com: How To Keep Morale High When Business Is Down
- Jeff Dubay of KFAN possible correction: may have been a Sudafed thing "Methamphetamine Precursor Drugs"
- Jeff Dubay of KFAN was arrested Wednesday and released today on a charge possessing more than 6 grams of controlled substance, Meth
- I woke from my nap to a nightmare. Larry King had a panel and there was MN Rep Michele Bachmann and her big grin. Like the Joker. Scared me
- Job Search tip 5: Hard to say this but in this market it is not what you want but what problem can you fix. How you can better the company
- Job search tip #4: Finding a job is a job. Takes work. Can/does suck to do. Make a plan. Track calls, email, resumes sent and to whom.
- Job search tip #3: Because XYZ Company laid off accountants (as an example) does not mean everyone is. Each company is a different situation
- Job search tip #2: Always assume company is hiring until they say no. Jobs not being posted does not mean they do not exist \
- Job search tip #1: If you have increased revenue or cut costs promote that aggressively
- Jobs, MN good news. Have heard many small and mid size companies are or will be adding jobs. Some big companies picking up available talent
- Jobs, not as bad news: MN -2300 in Sept. Less than expected. Unemployment rate down to 5.9% from 6.2% Fin Serv +2200 & Information Serv +600
- Jobs, bad news: Layoff announcements starting to come in from around the country not just banks. CFO Magazine survey says 56% to do layoffs
- A good presentation and great response from IIBA last night. Did not use suck as much as usual. I was nervous with a crowd unfamiliar to me
October 16, 2008
- Google: earning beat expectations!!!
- Wondering if Joe the Plumber has been approached by investors to create a plumbing franchise.
- More info on IIBA event, www.iiba-msp.org and SafeNet Consulting www.safenetconsulting.com
- LinkedIn presentation for IIBA at SafeNet Consulting tonight is done. Until I change it. Again. I hear 115+ attendees expected.
- Economy good news: Consumer Price Index for Sept is flat. Inflation mellowing. Weekly job claims drop 16,000 to 461,000
October 15, 2008
- 2012 unity ticket: Joe Six Pack and Joe the Plumber
- Keith Olbermann: If the Democrats have the White House and Capitol Hill will he be out of a job? Who will he hammer on night after night?
- #debate08 My lean and likely vote: unfortunately another election where I vote not for one but believe the other would do worse job
- #debate08 13 Undecideds: All but 1 leaning and do not see it changing. 8 Obama | 4 McCain | 1 wants to move to France for real Socialism
- #debate08 4 Questions since I missed it: Anything new? Any real answers on economy? Anyone change their vote? Did it suck like the others?
- #debate08 Breaking my silence but only to say I hung out with my grandma rather than seeing/hearing the debate and feel awesome about it
- SEO guru in the HR/Recruiter space @NicoleBodem is celebrating her first day on the job at Arbita www.arbita.net
- Sorry, should have posted this October Beige Book link
- More Beige Book: MPLS district 24% percent expect to hire Q4, 23% expect to decrease staff. Consistent with Minnesota Recruiters survey
- Economy: Fed Res releases October Beige Book. Not all bad. Could be worse. Reads and feels like 2001. Skilled labor shortages in some areas
- @txaggie94 No blame. Giving credit and responsibility to the person who deserves it. Old? Not you. And the college kids call me "fossil"
- Happy Birthday @txaggie94 You can thank and/or blame Katie for introducing me to Twitter
October 14, 2008