Click 35W Bridge Collapse Pictures to see pictures from an Emergency First Responder.
Click Minneapolis 35W Bridge Collapse UPDATED for the first 36 hours of information.
I need to start a new post as the last one has become quite long.
UPDATED 1:30 PM FRIDAY
- This morning a meeting was held for area neighborhoods, University of Minnesota, elected officials and city/state/county departments. I was sent an email from one of the groups in attendance with a few things to note:
- This weekend the Stone Arch Bridge and the 10th Ave Bridge will both stay closed.
- The bridges are still being inspected. The visit from the President tomorrow would have required another security sweep so closed they stay.
- Our police officers are on 12 hour shifts due to the disaster, but they are keeping up with regular patrols.
- If you notice problems, call 311.
- Officials are looking for a way to communicate with area residents about the traffic problems. As I experienced yesterday the shortcuts locals know about are being discovered by those driving to the area. More on that will follow early next week.