Thoughts to help start conversations – August 2019
Before giving you a “pitch” on why you may want to work with me, let me be really informal… I love talking about things related to recruiting including building teams, culture, optimizing job descriptions, the Minnesota tech scene, helping Junior Developers get into the tech space and recruiting to Minneapolis/St Paul and the Midwest. Add in college football, fishing and latest economic trends. If any of this is your interest too, let’s get together.
Now I’ll get (a little) serious and a bit direct…
Lots of people including me can solve your immediate recruiting problems… very few if any can help you build your team, grow your talent pipelines, improve your process and strategy and tell your story as well as I can.
My 20+ experience extends from working with Minnesota and Midwest startups to Fortune 500… I want to build teams like I have with Foundry, When I Work, HomeSpotter, Zipnosis, SPS Commerce, TCF Bank, Dispatch and Daugherty Business Solutions.
Core recruiting and strategy activities include :
Branding – Sourcing – Recruiting – Hiring– Onboarding – Retention
4 focuses of work:
- You are looking for dedicated help with recruiting including: source/recruit/hire, process/strategy and evangelism/advocacy in the community
- Talent Scout
- You have the above covered. What you need is someone to always be on the lookout for people who can contribute to your team. You need more conversations to be had about and introductions to you. You need a talent pipeline built/expanded.
- Advisor (Friend)
- You need to take a step back from recruiting by the day/week/month and think about talent acquisition, onboarding, retention, plans for the next year and be kept current on trends and news.
- Hiring Coach
- You, executive team, hiring managers and/or recruiters need to be shown new tools, tactics and strategies. You need a blueprint/recipe/play book and can then implement it.
What you get when you work with me… a recruiter who understands all facets of recruiting including:
- building talent pipelines (now) and talent pools (future)
- employer branding and use of social media
- creating effective recruiting strategies
- optimizing recruiting process
- company, team and culture fit
- candidate experience and engagement
- proven track record of building teams
I am not just a recruiter… I am a:
- Brand ambassador
- Trusted advisor for senior leadership
- Recognized thought leader in the local and national recruiting community
- Twin Cities Startup Week
- Minnebar & Minnedemo
Active in the MN tech scene:
- Contributor MSP On Deck podcast
- Volunteer with Prime Digital Academy
- Advisor to Make It MSP
- 10X Minnebar
- Minnesota Technical Recruiters Network
- Fredrikson & Byron’s 32nd Annual Employment and Labor Law Seminar
- SourceCon (national conference)
- Midwest Recruiting Bootcamp
- Twin Cities Startup Week
Why you want to work with me:
- I am fiercely loyal to those around me
- I am highly visible in the tech community
- Committed to the Minnesota and Midwest tech scene
- You’re looking for someone to be a partner and friend, an extension of your company
- You would like an advisor who has your back at all times
Examples of work:
- You are a startup or small tech company and need to start increasing your staff
- You are a Fortune 500 company and are building a new technology team
- You are a Dev shop and need continuous development of a talent pipeline
- You are looking for teaching, training and mentoring of your recruiting team
- You want someone to start an internal dialogue on talent acquisition
- You have a strategic, key hire at a director level and above
- You need someone to talk through a hiring problem at 11 pm
Paul DeBettignies is better known online as Minnesota Headhunter. He is a Minnesota Recruiter, Evangelist and Advisor who builds teams with startups and tech companies, creates recruiting strategies for Fortune 500 clients, author of Minnesota Headhunter (the longest running regional recruiter blog) and co founder of MSP on Deck podcast focusing on the Minneapolis and St Paul startup and tech scene.
He is a frequent local and national speaker, trainer and subject matter expert on recruiter, HR, career, networking and social media topics. Activities include presentations at Twin Cities Startup Week, Midwest Recruiting Bootcamp, Frontend Masters, Google for Entrepreneurs, SourceCon, Michigan Recruiters Conference, Minnesota Recruiters, MN HR Tech Expo, Social Media Breakfast, University of Minnesota, Target, CHS, Minnebar, MNTRN and ERE Conference. Interviews include NPR, WCCO AM (CBS) Radio & TV, KARE TV (NBC), MSP Business Journal, Minneapolis StarTribune and Dice.com
Paul is involved in the Minneapolis and St Paul technology, marketing and social media communities as a supporter of Twin Cities Startup Week, MinneBar & MinneDemo, DocuMNtary, Make It MSP, Prime Digital Academy, mentor to recruiters and technologists and is the founder of Minnesota Talent Leaders and Midwest Recruiting Bootcamp.