Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
At Medtronic, our strategic growth is directly dependent on our ability to consistently find, attract, and hire the highest caliber talent available. Critical to achieving success in this area is proactive, repeatable, and predictable candidate development.
As a Principal Talent Acquisition Specialist (Talent Advisor) on the Medtronic Executive Search team, you will provide value-added counsel to hiring leaders and influence talent decisions. You are expected to partner with executives to know their business, influence them and hone in on their need, build and execute a sourcing strategy to find it, compel and attract highly-sought after candidates, and bring top talent into Medtronic.
You must be able to understand how to recruit passive candidates and build and maintain a network of potential candidates through proactive market research and ongoing relationship management. You will conduct in-depth interviews of potential candidates, recommend ideas and strategies related to recruitment that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company, articulate a plan with deliverables, timelines and a formal tracking process, and implement new processes and fine-tune standard processes for recruiting that fit within our mission to deliver the highest quality results to the customer.
You can grow your career with us - we hope you’ll consider joining our team!
You will manage the recruiting process from end-to-end and collaborate in creating staffing plans, develop strategies and implement action plans. You will be responsible for full lifecycle recruiting components with a demonstrated track record of recruiting in a high-volume environment. You will engage in tactical and strategic sourcing with a focus on identifying strong diverse talent to proactively place top talent across our business.
- Proactively conduct research and investigate new ideas to create innovative sourcing strategies in support of company’s diversity initiatives
- Generate ideas, leverage resources, and share information that facilitates an effective recruitment process
- Analyze data, track, and maintain diversity and accountability metrics to evaluate progress of diversity sourcing initiatives
- Enhance professional training and development by attending company-sponsored classes and meetings
- Act as a recruiting and search expert for a functional area(s) by understanding functional hiring needs, position specifications, and search requirements
Pipeline Management: Proactively and continually source, develop and maintain an effective pipeline and network of diverse executive level talent
- Candidate Management: Assess applicant/candidate quality, skills, and competencies and identify the best candidate for a position.
- Partner with Talent Management to identify and market internal talent and successfully move internal candidates into new roles.
- Conversion: Persuade prospects and candidates by providing coaching by understanding their motivations
- Interaction: Maintain an effective relationship with candidates throughout the recruiting process and build on the relationship to identify additional talent and strong pipelines
Sourcing Expertise: Use the right channels and messages to find targeted sources of high-quality candidates
- Labor Market Expertise: Know the labor market for your functions/business and use labor market expertise to support recruiting decisions. Integrate labor market expertise from government sites and labor market analytical tools (such as Talent Neuron) and provide market insights
- Lead Generation: Maintain a diverse pipeline in anticipation of future business needs. Maintain a robust candidate pipeline in the functional/business areas you support. Leverage ERG’s, PAN’s, ReferMDT, and other resources to build a diverse talent pipeline.
Process Optimization: Execute recruiting process, leveraging the Applicant Tracking System (Taleo)
- Evaluate profiles of potential candidates and perform phone screen assessment for availability, interest level, salary range, relocation needs, and basic qualifications
- Deliver a compliant requisition
Project Management: Plan, organize, execute, track and evaluate projects and strategic initiatives. Lead project workstreams.
Travel: up to 20%
In order to be considered for this position, the following basic qualifications must be evident on your resume:
Bachelor's degree and 7+ years of experience in Talent Acquisition OR 5+ yr of experience in Talent Acquisition with Advanced Degree
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Ability to develop creative and diverse sourcing strategies including use of technology, market mapping, and cold-calling
- Excellent influence, communication, organizational, negotiation and presentation skills, including the ability to effectively influence senior management
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) as well as Candidate Relationship Management (CRM)
- Experience recruiting for a variety of functions
- Team player with a high sense of urgency
To apply click Principal Talent Acquisition Specialist