Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
The Senior Recruiter will conduct full lifecycle recruiting initiatives within Capella subsidiaries of Hackbright and DevMountain, which are coding boot camp currently in Arizona, San Francisco, Texas and Utah. This role will be based at Capella’s headquarters in Minneapolis, MN.
Key deliverables include developing innovative talent acquisition strategies for both passive and active recruiting, leveraging social media, leading outreach initiatives, understanding and utilizing external market trends, improving diverse candidate pipelines and delivering results.
Why work at Capella as a Senior Recruiter?
Work for a mission driven organization with a deep connection to educating others. Graduates of our coding programs work for incredible teams at Amazon, Eventbrite, Facebook, HP, Microsoft, Nike and Survey Monkey just to name a few.
- Help close the gender gap in engineering and technology. Hackbright is the leading engineering boot camp school for women.
Infuse your passion of recruiting by guiding and teaching others who have been entrepreneurs and founders of startups.
Build upon an already great partnership with your internal clients.
Be creative and innovative!
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Conduct full life-cycle recruitment. Partner directly with the hiring leader and HR business partner on job profile, search and outreach strategy, market challenges, interview process, offer evaluation and presentation.
Identify passive candidates through cold calling, networking, social media and other name generation methods.
Analyze and communicate market trends impacting recruiting.
Lead diversity-recruiting initiatives.
Develop best-practices for hiring, including thorough research, identification, education and implementation of best-in-class recruiting processes. Refine and integrate best practices (technology, employee value proposition, talent communities) into current practices.
Build Capella’s external network and brand through community visibility.
Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
Minimum 5 years’ experience conducting full-life cycle nationwide recruiting for a broad range of exempt positions.
Demonstrated ability in passive candidate sourcing techniques and in managing talent pipelines.
Experience cultivating and collaborating with a broad and diverse external network.
Driven to achieve results, deadline driven, fulfills commitments and acts with appropriate sense of urgency.
Proven consultative and critical thinking skills (i.e. establish trust/credibility, ask probing questions to identify root issues, influence effectively, facilitate continuous improvements and best practice implementation.
Demonstrated ability to conduct, interpret quantitative/qualitative analyses and implement changes accordingly.
Strong organizational/detail orientation skills and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
Self aware, resilient. Takes ownership and accountability.
Ability to effectively work well with all levels of the organization. Collaborative, able to influence and engage others, establish strong working relationships, team-oriented, manage conflict and value different perspectives.
Strong customer service orientation.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Demonstrated strong computer skills (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and leverages new technologies.
Project Management experience highly desired.
Taleo experience preferred.
225 S. 6th St., 9th Floor
Minneapolis, MN 55402
This is an on-site position located at Capella’s downtown Minneapolis headquarters. It requires the ability to work in downtown Minneapolis and in a high-rise corporate office setting. Typical of a corporate office setting, Capella’s office space:
- is designed with an open work space setting and common fluorescent lighting
- includes frequent co-worker interaction and corresponding noise levels
- is subject to inside environmental conditions
- this role is mainly a sedentary role with frequent sitting and occasional walking and/or standing.
- this role involves frequent usage of a telephone, PC and standard monitors.
- this role has minimal lifting requirements, may require exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
Requires minimal (0–10 percent) business travel:
- may occasionally require travel to on-site Capella events such as Commencement or off-site Capella University leadership meetings as requested and based on business needs. All travel must be pre-approved and arrangements made according to Capella’s policies/procedures.
- the University’s general office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST. Work hours and starting times may vary depending on the job and the business needs. Some positions will have a specified starting time, and may be earlier or later, depending upon business requirements.
- the normally scheduled workweek for all full-time employees consists of 40-45 hours.
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 35,000 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission. The Higher Learning Commission is among the 6 regional accrediting bodies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Regional bodies accredit colleges and universities; national bodies accredit trade and vocational schools.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disabled and Protected Veteran employer.
To apply click Sr. Corporate Recruiter