Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Sources, solicits, researches, evaluates and presents viable candidates for open positions for assigned client groups. Coordinates the prescribed hiring process of successful applicants insuring optimum and timely staffing for corporate growth and profitability. Ensures all recruiting practices are in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to equal employment opportunity, immigration, and company policy. Promotes and maintains fair employment practices.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Oversees recruiting and placement activities for the assigned client group as needed.
- Monitors internal job posting program, conduct employment interviews, screen and test applicants when appropriate, and check references.
- Responds to persons sending resumes and letters and to telephone calls regarding employment.
- Utilizes appropriate technical background and knowledge, interviews applicants for technical and professional job vacancies, referring qualified applicants to proper level of management for further interviews.
- Visits colleges, universities, job fairs, and related functions as part of recruiting efforts.
- Establishes recruiting sources with outside agencies and schools as needed to fill clerical, technical and professional positions in client groups. Prepares advertisements and select proper advertising media. Works to obtain best possible candidates for positions.
- Interfaces with Division/General Office department heads, as well as other areas of the Company when needed, regarding permanent and temporary personnel needs or any other employment-related activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills to communicate credibly and effectively with applicants, outside agencies, and all levels of the organization and deal with confidential information.
- Deal effectively with a wide range of company and non-company personnel both in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to identify, establish, and access applicant sources to successfully fill internal openings at the least possible cost to the company.
- Understanding of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action legislation and other legal aspects of interviewing and hiring.
- Ability to utilize effective interviewing techniques in order to analyze applicants' qualifications in relation to job requirements and to determine a suitable match.
- 2-5 years professional experience with prior interviewing experience required.
- Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of recruiting/selection for various positions.
Why Work for Supervalu?
SUPERVALU Inc. is one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the U.S. with annual sales of approximately $17 billion. SUPERVALU serves customers across the United States through a network of almost 3,400 stores. Headquartered in Minnesota, SUPERVALU has about 35,000 employees. We know that bright, motivated people are the reason for our success. Because of our employees, we’ve been providing the best service to our customers for more than 135 years.
We encourage FRESH thinking, offer an environment of inclusion and support, and set no boundaries on your achievement!
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
To apply click Talent Acquisition Recruiter