Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Canadian Pacific (TSX:CP)(NYSE:CP) is a transcontinental railway in the United States and Canada with direct links to eight major ports providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of Canadian Pacific.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- The Recruiter is responsible for full life-cycle recruiting: recruiting, screening and recommending placement of staff by using creative sourcing methods (internal, external, union and non-union).
- Working collaboratively with the HR team and hiring managers for their client group(s) to provide full service recruitment ranging from the development of job descriptions, sourcing strategies, posting jobs internally and externally, screening resumes, interviewing, ensuring timely communication with applicants throughout the hiring process and guiding managers through to the offer stage.
- Working with Occupational Health Services to schedule and monitor medical checks for potential candidates.
- Facilitating large hiring sessions and presenting to large groups of candidates.
- Assist in providing support with ongoing and new HR projects such as Metrics and Reporting, On-boarding, Behavioral Interview training, Leadership assessment analysis and On Campus Recruitment Program.
- Uses traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career fairs, online job fairs, community network events, etc., to identify and attract quality candidates.
- Working in conjunction with their peers by sharing the responsibility of updating and maintaining the Applicant Tracking System.
- Producing “ad hoc” reports, graphs, training materials, presentation materials, and charts in support of ongoing recruiting activity.
- Develop and leverage social media portals to increase hiring reach beyond the traditional hiring methods and new generational demographic segments.
- Present the face of CP to potential new hires in a professional manner.
- Develops and maintains an excellent relationship with internal and external clients to ensure achievement of staffing goals.
- Communicates important employment information during delivery of employment offers (e.g., benefits, compensation, noncompete agreements).
- Works with hiring managers to ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations, including affirmative action plan compliance.
- Manages application/resume file and retention according to company policy.
- Certificate or University degree in Business, Human Resource Management or equivalent education or experience is preferred.
- 3-5 years of related experience in human resources or recruiting preferred.
- Ability to handle a large volume of staffing requests at the same time.
- Must be able to travel 20-30% of the time which may include international travel to Canada.
- Computer skills required: Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- A sincere commitment to providing excellent service to clients and candidates, and an ability to establish and develop relationships.
- A high level of self-motivation and ambition.
- Ability to multi-task and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to be tactful, maintain confidences, and foster an ethical work environment.
- Ability to contribute individually as well as in a team-environment.
- Understand that the position is mostly a cross functional service position supporting all the business units at CP by a timed delivery of the best qualified candidates. This individual should, over time, become well versed in the internal policies, external regulations and collective bargaining agreements that pertain to delivering results.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Completive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is considered a safety sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, drug screening and pre-employment physical.
Drug Test Elements:
All new hires are required to undergo a drug screen. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping CP safe and drug free.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Education verification
- Last 3 years of driving history
- Last 7 years of employment history; includes military service
- Social Security number verification
To apply click Recruiter