Full Time Minnesota IT Job
At Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota we are inspired by our mission to eliminate barriers to work and independence. All of our employees know their efforts and contributions strengthen our communities and allow people to create better lives, both for themselves and their families. It’s that belief that drives our actions, informs our decisions, and is the reason we’ve been able to grow. Together, we prepare people for work! Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota envisions a world where everyone experiences the power of work. If you share our vision, we encourage you to join us.
Jun 24, 2015
The IT Service Desk provides computing and phone system support to the organization’s staff. This includes day-to-day troubleshooting and communication to the end user for hardware, software, network and related computer systems and peripheral device; installing and configuring systems; and recommending hardware and software acquisitions and upgrades. This role reports to the IT Service Desk Manager.
Knowledge & Skills
• Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
• Thorough understanding of both Microsoft Windows OS, Microsoft Office suite and other Microsoft technologies including Active Directory, Exchange, Lync, SharePoint and Office 365.
• Ability to support end user workstations and peripherals, including laptops, desktop computers, printers and mobile devices.
• Ability to resolve user connectivity issues, including both wired and wireless LAN connectivity as well as remote access (VPN).
• Understanding of TCP/IP networking as it applies to a Windows environment. • Understanding of a variety of protocols including DHCP, DNS, SMB/NETBIOS, SMTP, RDP.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work on a team.
• Minimum two years of experience in a help desk support related role.
• Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or related area, or equivalent work experience.
• Relevant Microsoft, CompTIA or Cisco certifications desired.
Goodwill Industries, Inc/Easter Seals Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. Goodwill Industries, Inc/Easter Seals Minnesota will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based upon a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, status with regard to public assistance, age, sexual or affectional orientation, familial status, ancestry, local human rights commission activity, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other protected class.
To apply click IT Service Desk Tech