Full Time Minnesota IT Job
People Incorporated, a nonprofit founded in 1969, promotes and secures independence for people with mental illness and other brain disorders. Serving more than 6,600 people each year through more than 40+ programs throughout the Twin Cities metro area, People Incorporated is well-recognized for its leadership and innovation in the provision of services for people with mental illness.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
FT (Primarily 8 - 5 M-F, occasional evenings and weekends required) Director of IT Services position available at a non-profit organization in St. Paul.
Under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the Director of IT Services oversees and administers all IT functions, telecommunication services, and IT product needs of the organization and its related project sites. This position is responsible for the development, implementation, and enforcement of IT policies and procedures for the organization. The Director is also responsible for the organization’s IT staff and budget.
This is a “hands-on” position. Success is a result of innovation, motivation and creativity. Because most People Incorporated programs run 24 hours a day, success cannot be measured in time: Flexibility and efficiency are critical. This position requires superior organizational skills, problem-solving skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. This position also requires sound judgment, patience and discretion.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• The Director, IT Services will possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in CS/MIS or related field. Advanced degree or certification beneficial.
• Seven years of experience in a Windows-based distributed network environment, covering the user support, network administration, programming/development, systems analysis or integration areas. Successful track record leading teams and managing technology projects.
• 3-5 Years supervisory experience in an IT Department is required.
• Broad knowledge of computer, data, voice, and web technologies. Continuing and up-to-date knowledge of major vendor product lines (Microsoft, Cisco, HP/Dell) and technology marketplace trends. Knowledge of product marketplace specific to the community service organization field provides additional qualification (Visions, educational administration, client management, or similar sector-specific systems).
• Technology certifications (such as Microsoft, Cisco, information security, or other) preferred.
• Experience in technology management working in non-profit/health care organization highly preferred.
• Physical Activity – Requires moving and setting up computer workstations, servers, and printers as needed. Involves stooping, crawling under desks, lifting computers, monitors, etc.
• This position requires travel within the Twin Cities metro area. A valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and current insurance is required.
• Must pass required background screenings.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please do not email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
People Incorporated is an EEO/AA Employer.