Minnesota IT Volunteer
Catalyst Community Partners revitalizes key commercial corridors in distressed urban Minneapolis neighborhoods by developing real estate and sustainable businesses to meet community needs and provide neighborhood jobs. Within their portfolio of community endeavors is the Kindred Kitchen, a shared services kitchen providing commercial kitchen space and technical business support to low-income food entrepreneurs in the North Minneapolis community.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The principle responsibility of this position is to assist Catalyst in the strategic planning, design and establishment of the Kindred Kitchen website.
Candidates should be detail-oriented and highly communicative, with the ability to work independently, think critically and solve problems. We seek someone who possess project management skills, can manage workflows, and is self-motivated with a sharp attention to detail. Candidate should have a passion for web design and a desire to produce great work.
- Gather and document user ideas/needs and establish website design specifications.
- Create design mock ups, including any special online sections, landing pages or newsletters.
- Turn design mock ups into templates.
- Understand how best to present and organize information/content for the best user experience.
- Research, evaluate and document website interface options for functions such as scheduling and payment.
- Build website, or manage relationship with website developer once design phase is complete.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Knowledge and Experience
- Self-motivated and independent, with an ability to pay attention to detail, prioritize, multi-task, and work within identified timeframes.
- Good communication skills with a willingness to share ideas and contribute as part of a team.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of design, usability & information architecture principles.
- Proficiency in developing Web sites and a demonstrated knowledge of development technologies.
- Possess a solid background and understanding of the latest concepts, practices, procedures and trends in Web development.
- Applicants must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week with availability during traditional business hours (9am – 5pm, Monday through Friday). It is preferred if applicants can work 40 hours per week (Monday- Friday)
HOW TO APPLY:
If interested: Please contact us at email@example.com
We’d love to hear from you!