Full Time Minnesota IT Job
This position designs, implements, tests, and maintains building automation software. In fulfilling this role, the candidate will be exposed to a variety of software, hardware, technologies, and tools. Additionally, the candidate will be relied upon to provide technical direction and to be a resource for the team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Experienced Java programmer
- Experience developing and releasing Android applications
- Strong understanding of Android frameworks, libraries
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, algorithms, and data structures
- Participate in the full software development life-cycle including requirements capture, design, implementation, and verification
- Drive a best practices approach to the continuous improvement of our products, processes, and tools.
- Write and maintain documentation for all features in development
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to successfully complete each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience (Recommended)
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related program.
Other Skills, Abilities, and Qualifications
- Experience developing with Bluetooth/BLE for Android
- Strong system level debugging skills
- Experience interfacing software applications with hardware
- Effective written and verbal communications and strong comprehension
- Ability to learn new applications quickly
- Knowledge of hardware is a plus
- Knowledge of wireless networking protocols is a plus
- Comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment
Why work at 75F?
We work in a fun, flexible, team-based environment. There are no private offices in our space and camaraderie is a value shared among all. We make sure everyone’s voices are heard and we collaborate between departments. The key here is that we want our employees to feel empowered to make a difference within the company and within the lives of our customers. Our goal at 75F is to disrupt the Industry, and to have a heck of a good time along the way!
75F is a growing high-tech startup out to disrupt the building automation industry by taking a fresh approach to HVAC, lighting, and building controls. Within light commercial buildings, 75F saves energy and increases comfort, all while lowering our customers’ carbon footprint. Instead of reacting to problems, the 75F solution predicts a building's needs and manages them proactively, ensuring problems don’t occur in the first place. Beginning with temperature control, 75F commercially launched its first product in 2012 and has delivered hundreds of energy-efficient spaces to enthusiastic customers. The company is based in Burnsville, MN and offers flexible hours, training, and competitive benefits.
To apply click Android Developer