Full Time Minnesota Tech Job
As a Senior Data / BI Engineer you will work on multiple projects involving highly scalable and extensible data and BI platforms which enable collection, storage, modeling, and analysis of massive data sets from numerous channels. The role will play a major role operationalizing and aligning the data and analytics technologies into the scalable IT & business capabilities.
Major Areas of Accountability:
Develop and implements complex data projects and technical solutions. Translates business requirements into innovative technical solutions.
- Use expertise in database design to implement, and operate stable, scalable, low cost solutions to flow data from production systems into the Data Warehouse and into end-user facing reporting applications
- Research and analyze application behaviors to improve performance and stability.
- Design, implement and deploy data loading and access mechanisms through various delivery channels.
- Document and maintain Big Data systems research and analyze application behaviors to improve performance and stability.
- Administer and implement Big Data platforms and processes.
- Perform software, code, and requirements analysis, software review, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis, capacity planning, etc.
- Play a key role advising architecture, design and development decisions around the creation of effective technical solutions and services.
- Provides subject matter expertise for multiple projects concurrently through all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Research, new technologies to solve unique challenges and defines standards and best practices around big data products and technologies.
- Work collaboratively with Data Warehouse leaders to define the Data Warehouse strategy to ensure actionable business intelligence is provided f to key stakeholders and BI teams.
- Partner with the Data Warehouse team to ensure that the 3rd Party data needs are met in a scalable way.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field or equivalent work experience
Experience with Informatica IDQ, Powercenter, and Power exchange. Experience with Metadata Manager, Business Glossary, Unix Administration, SQL, ETL, ELT, Data Warehousing, Tableau,Power BI, and Publish/Subscribe Mechanism.
5+ years of relevant IT technical experience working with various Data and BI technologies.
- 5+ years of experience of Data and BI Architecture and Management Services
- Expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets
- Proven experience with installation, configuration and administration of the Data and BI platforms.
- Strong expertise in software engineering development and testing life cycles using including but not limited to Linux, Java, scripting, and SQL programming.
- Proven expertise in capacity planning, deployment, troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- Excellent relationship building skills; ability to interface with various stakeholders
- Financial Services industry experience
- Proven organizational, interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired and ambiguity is the norm.
- Experience with agile or other rapid application development methods.
- Coach / mentor other team members as appropriate
Established in 1923, TCF has maintained a strong foundation. TCF has over 340 branches in Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Colorado, Wisconsin, Arizona and South Dakota, providing retail and commercial banking services. TCF also conducts commercial leasing, indirect auto finance, and equipment finance business in all 50 states, and commercial inventory finance business in all 50 states and Canada.
TCF encourages open employee communications and promotes from within whenever possible.
We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits plan, and opportunities for career advancement. For more details on our benefits, click on the Employee Benefits link on our career page.
Proud to be an equal opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law. TCF is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
If you would like to speak with me about this send any of the following: summary, resume, links to LinkedIn, GitHub, StackOverflow. Heck, I’ll take a good haiku:
Principal & Evangelist
Minnesota Headhunter, LLC
Stay in touch with me by clicking:
|Newsletter Sign Up|