Full Time Minnesota IT Job
The Director of Development is responsible for leading a team of software development professionals, all working in concert to deliver a next generation platform central to the success of SPS Commerce. The incumbent works closely with Product Management and other stakeholders to understand and then translate business requirements into software design and deliverables. The Director will mentor the team on the latest technology trends and collaborate with them on opportunities to introduce new concepts and technologies into the product.
- Successfully deliver approved and defined products and features according to estimated timelines; communicate any variances in delivery timelines to business stakeholders.
- Ensure development resources are adhering to best practices as defined by Technology leadership.
- Provide support to Product Management, Implementation, Customer Operations and other business stakeholders as needed as part of product release activities.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated experience in low-latency, high-volume, and 24/7 production environments.
- College degree and excellent technical skills/background
- 3+ years’ experience managing a development organization
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Comfortable in Agile development environments
- 5+ years’ experience with distributed architectures
- Deep understanding of Big Data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, MapReduce, etc…) 2+ years’ demonstrated experience with Cloud environments
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Interpreted languages such as Ruby or Python.
- Java experience a plus
- Frameworks: Angular, Django, Rails
- AWS or other Cloud providers
- Working knowledge of contemporary Web frameworks (e.g., Angular)
- Service oriented techniques
- NoSQL experience (MongoDB, DynamoDB, CouchBase, etc…)
Why Work With Us
As the leading provider of enterprise retail cloud services, SPS Commerce provides many opportunities for our employees to contribute to and benefit from our growth. We offer a competitive compensation program and complete benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, a 401(k) plan with employer match, life and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays and a tuition reimbursement program.
We also participate in the Metropass program, which allows employees to use the Twin Cities’ bus and light rail systems at a deeply discounted rate. SPS Commerce participates in many college and university recruiting programs to provide exciting career opportunities for new college graduates. New graduates receive outstanding training to launch their careers in areas such as sales, implementation and services. For experienced professionals, SPS has a track-record of rewarding strong performance by promoting extensively from within the company.
Life at SPS
We work on omnichannel solutions, which help retailers, suppliers and 3PLs collaborate to optimize supply chain efficiencies. As a leader in on-demand supply chain management solutions we provide unique opportunities to our employees. At any time we are looking for candidates for entry-level positions as operations analysts, implementation analysts, and sales development representatives.
At SPS Commerce, we continually strive to deliver a workplace where people feel valued and challenged to excel. Our high-energy environment provides employees with perks big and small, from company-wide events and department outings to endless coffee and a business casual dress code. Teamwork exists on many levels at SPS, from the workplace to the softball field. Our employees get access to exclusive discounts and perks from our customers including coupon codes.
If you would like to speak with me about this send any of the following: summary, resume, links to LinkedIn, GitHub, StackOverflow. Heck, I’ll take a good haiku:
Principal & Evangelist
Minnesota Headhunter, LLC
Stay in touch with me by clicking:
|Newsletter Sign Up|