Full Time Job
We are working with AT&T who is looking for 2 Chief Technical Architects in Minneapolis.
Below is the job description and here are some additional notes:
You are someone who enjoys learning the needs of a client working with their CxO’s, bringing the info back to an account team and creating strategies and solutions.
These are very high profile Director level positions within AT&T.
You manage no one and are part of an account team.
Salary + bonus (ties to objectives): around $200K
AT&T is 2011 Fortune #12
AT&T is listed on the 2012 Fortune World's Most Admired Companies
Here is the job description:
AT&T Chief Architect is responsible for matching the needs of the AT&T Client's business roadmap with an AT&T technical vision by identifying opportunities, providing solutions and solving business challenges. Working with the Signature Client Group, the AT&T Chief Architect provides world class network architectural designs that articulate long term needs and vision of AT&T Large Fortune Customer's.
As a strategic partner, AT&T Chief Architect leverages subject matter/industry expertise, applies in depth knowledge of company goals and makes a significant impact to future of product technologies and business strategies.
As a technical expert and authority within the industry, AT&T Chief Architect applies leadership and advice on multiple technologies; develops industry solutions that help shape clients technical vision and strategies, and provides strategic solutions designed to meet business challenges.
Roles and responsibilities of AT&T Chief Architect include, but are not limited to the following:
- Partner with Signature Client Director to deliver the customer's technology continuum (The Technical TAM), matching client's IT vision with AT&T's vision and capabilities, identifying opportunities that solve business challenges.
- Shape Client Technical Vision and Strategy
- Partner with Signature Client Director to develop relationships with C-Level client (CIO's, CxO) and lines of business owners (HR, Marketing, Finance)
- Own the "Art of What is Possible" strategy : Deliver executive presentations on IT strategies for multiple service technologies
- Owns strategy sessions with client that identifies, shapes and develops sales opportunities
- Provide strategic & technical direction to solve customer's business problems
- Develop and maintain direct relationship with AT&T's key partners/vendors in various technology areas to facilitate the development of full, robust customized solutions.
- Write white papers, technical strategy documents and develops repeatable industry solutions.
- Work in direct linkage to Product and Marketing to shape AT&T's market sensing
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for Clients as well as AT&T Sales, Service Delivery and Technical organizations
- Key contributor to the Technical Knowledge Share Community Portal
- Key contributor to the creation of Technical Advocacy Board
- Key contributor on products, services and/or infrastructure strategies that require complex or advanced conceptualization
- Mentor Architect /Technical Sales Consultant (TSC)
- Develop TCO/ROI modeling for AT&T's custom/complex solutions.
- Develop technical selling strategies for advanced technologies
- Champions the execution of decisions based on the company's mission and values
No relocation/Ability to travel as needed
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 12 or more years of relevant experience
- 10 or more years of industry experience working in design, implementation and management of global enterprise network systems for a service integrator, global management consulting, technology services, or outsourcing company.
- 7 or more years of technical background in telecommunications, IT and/or the service provider industry
- Experience Consulting or providing technical and solution expertise in the Retail vertical
- Strong attention to detail required ensuring effective planning, implementation and execution.
- Experience in leadership role developing IT corporate strategies
- Well versed in enterprise architecture/IT Strategies
- Broad understanding of IT planning, architecting, engineering, and operations across multiple disciplines
- Strong relationship building skills to effectively work in all areas of the business to successfully perform the required duties.
- Process a strong business acumen and aptitude to understand the key business drivers and financial knowledge to development return on investment models.
- Experience writing written write papers, technical strategy documents and developed repeatable industry solutions
- Pass interview/assessment qualifications
- Must have valid driver's license
- Ability to travel as needed
PREFERRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- Masters degree or four-year degree within either business or industry related field of study: Computer Science, Engineering, Electronics, MIS, Telecommunications, IT disciplines or Business Administration
- Executive Level Leadership experience
- Data experience including Cisco AVVID, VTEL and/or PictureTel
- Data Certifications: Cisco CCNP /DP PLUS Cisco CCIE Certification (Written & Lab) OR equivalent training/experience.
- E-Serv: MCSE+I, Oracle Database Hosting E-Serv
- Cisco Certifications CCDA, CCNA, CCDP
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
If interested in speaking about this or other opportunities send your resume or inquiry to me:
HireCast Consulting, LLC
Stay in touch with me by clicking:
Check out HireCast Consulting: