Last week I hosted my first online chat in all long time, maybe 3+ years, on Managing Your Tech And Startup Career. This is something I do every year at MinneBar and tech user groups throughout the year.
This one was a lot of fun for me as it was not only tech professionals in Minneapolis/St Paul but marketing, sales and CxO’s in our area along with a number of tech and data pros from the Bay Area.
The original agenda I proposed was:
- What is the local job market like right now?
- Is this a good time to look for a new job?
- What's a reasonable salary increase year over year?
- Should I stay a developer or move into management?
- I'm thinking about moving to "FILL IN THE BLANK CITY", should I go?
- Why is there so much recruiter spam?
- How much personal info should I share with corporate/search firm recruiter?
- I’m not a tech person but want to work with a tech company, how do I get in one?
And then attendees asked a number of questions including one I always seem to ramble on waffling back and forth on and paraphrasing… specialist or generalist?
In all it went for about 45 minutes and below is the session uploaded to YouTube.
This was my first time using Zoom and while it went OK it’s clear I need some more practice with which screen is showing.
To those who asked questions… thank you. It’s always way more enjoyable to have interaction particularly when I can’t see you.
If you have questions or comments after listening to this please send me an email email@example.com
Here we go…
Stay in touch with me by clicking:
|Newsletter Sign Up|