Our guest for this episode is Rob Weber.
Rob starts with a quick overview of the evolution of Freeze, W3i and NativeX and their (his brothers Ryan and Aaron) angel investing through 32 Degrees over 10 years. Which gets them to their new ventures (with a brief 1 month vacation)… Great North Labs and Startup School.
We then get further into his time at NativeX and what they learned about building a team and how that experience sparked the Startup School idea.
I’ve been a fan of Rob’s for a long time and am really happy that they’re activities are staying focused on growing the Minnesota and the Midwest tech scene.
Other things we talk about are how they will invest and in what kinds of startups, biggest home run and miss in angel investing so far and what the startup community needs more of (some of it is Startup School).
A few articles:
- Chinese company to acquire Sartell-based NativeX (St Cloud Times)
- Local Tech Vet Ryan Weber Launches Great North Labs Startup Incubator (Tech.mn)
- NativeX co-founder starts tech incubator Great North Labs (MSP Business Journal)
We all then shift a gear and talk about MN tech startup products that you can buy as holiday presents for colleagues or family. We recorded this in November so while the holidays are behind us the premise still holds… these are local companies we can support year round. Our suggestions:
Below you can listen to the podcast and here is how to find us:
- We have a Twitter account: @mspondeck
- And a web site too where you can listen to our sessions: MSP on Deck Podcast
- You can find the podcast and subscribe by clicking MSP on Deck on iTunes and MSP on Deck on Stitcher
And click MSP On Deck Podcast Is Live And Focusing On The Minnesota Tech And Startup Scene if you are new to this and wondering how it came to be.
Stay in touch with me by clicking:
|Newsletter Sign Up|