WantedAnalytics analyzed 800,000+ jobs in March 2013 and came up with a list of the Most In-Demand Certifications for Tech Jobs.
What I really want to know… what is the percentage of jobs asking for them and what is the trend?
Here in Minneapolis I am seeing less requests for certifications. That may be because I am working with more start up and tech small tech companies than I did in the past.
The req’s my colleagues send from large/enterprise companies (to see if I can lend a hand) seem to have fewer of these being asked for than a year ago.
Here is the list:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA)
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- DoD 8570 Certification
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- ITIL Foundation certification (v3)
- Certified Scrum Coach
- IBM Rational Unified Process Certification (RUP)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)