I have not ever posted a job from someone else on my blog but I received a nice email from Jon Parshall, COO at CodeWeavers, and I am going to make an exception.
First time for everything, right?
Here is why, it’s a cool ad. It engages. It is a bit funny. I doubt it was approved by an attorney.
In other words, this is something I can support.
See folks, your job ads and descriptions do not have to suck.
Disclaimer: none needed. Code Weavers is not a client and I have not worked for them in the past. But you know, should they ever need a good recruiter… :)
Another reason to post this is if I can do something to help promote a local tech company I will. (Yes, that is an invitation for others to ask if I can help)
Their Marketing position:
Wanted: Marketing Cohort
We’re small, international, irreverent, and don’t take ourselves very seriously.
We’ve reached the point where our Marketing Department™ (one overworked guy) needs a cohort in crime.
The Cohort™ would split duties with Overworked Guy™ to keep many balls in the air: growing our fanboy community, Tweeting, Facebooking, traditional PR, reseller and retail channel management, video production, graphic design, web site and SEO issues, product demonstrations, relations with local colleges and universities, and above all catering to the mercurial whims of the Sales Weasels™ and the CEO.
- Excellent communications skills
- Proven experience in Marketing
- Idea hamster with follow-through
- B.A. or B.S.
Bonus Points if You Have:
- * Experience in the software industry
- * Experience with Mac OS X or Linux
- * SEO skills
- * Experience with link building
- * Data analysis skills
- * Social media skills
- * Media relations / PR experience
- * Video creation / production skills
- * Experience with FinalCut Express
- * Written and/or spoken French
- * Graphic arts skills / Web design / Print design
- * Experience in channel management
- * Product demonstration experience
- * Voiceover / narration experience
If interested, please send resume and cover email to Jon Parshall (firstname.lastname@example.org).