If you are a startup, investor or just generally interested in the Minnesota Tech StartUp scene this is something you will have interest in.
Info from Minneapolis CrowdPitch (click link to register):
What is CrowdPitch?
This event will bring entrepreneurs, innovators, mentors, support providers, and investors together in an informal and energetic setting.
Think ´America Idol´ — selected entrepreneurs will have 4 minutes to pitch their company to both a panel of experts & a live audience, followed immediately by a 3-minute Q&A session with the panel.
A free networking lunch will follow the formal pitch.
- Monday, April 12
- 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington
3900 American Blvd West
Bloomington, Minnesota 55437
Panel of Experts
- Graeme Thickens, Minnovat8 Blog
- Jesse Stremcha, 3C Capital Partners
- Frank Vargas, Grey Plant Mooty
- Steve Ruelle, Twin City Angels
- Pete Birkeland, RAIN Source Capital
The winner gets $8,300 of services from our sponsors:
- SEO.com: 10 hours or seo work = $1,500 value
- NOWAdvisors: 12 hours of financial & accounting services = $1,800 value
- FundingUniverse: startup services = $2,500 value
- Qqest: 4 months payroll services = $2,000 value
- Amazon: web services = $500 value
How it Works
- FundingUniverse will select several companies to present on-stage at the CrowdPitch event. The presenting companies will complete a mandatory coaching session prior to the event
Panel of Experts:
- A panel of experts have agreed to judge the CrowdPitch presentations
- Attendees in the audience will receive $100 of "FUN" money that they will use to "invest" in their favorite company pitch. After all of the presentations, the audience will place their "FUN" money into their favorite CrowdPitch presentation.
Selecting the Winning Presenters:
- After all of the presentations, a winning presenter will be announced based on the amount of "FUN" money that is "invested"
Mandatory Coaching Session (only for presenting companies):
- Prior to the event, a mandatory coaching session will held on April 9 at 1:00 pm MST online at Fundinguniverse.webex.com. Do not attend the coaching session unless you've been selected to pitch. If you are not selected to pitch we hope to see you as a spectator at the event