I am thrilled to accept an invitation from the Employers Association to speak at their Social Media Conference “The Time is Now” March 18th, 2010.
Employers Association is a large organization that provides services to small and medium sized companies focusing on the HR function including leadership training and employment law.
That they are putting on this event for their clients (non members are allowed to attend) is a great next step in the education they provide.
Here is info on the event:
Social Media Conference: The Time is Now
Have you been asking yourself when and how to get onboard with social media? Where do we start? What should I know before my company jumps in? Who needs to "own" your company's involvement and content? How will you monitor feedback or measure ROI? What, if anything, should be asked of your employees already using Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn? What are the legal considerations? Big questions, indeed. Get answers at EA's March 18 conference.
Big questions, indeed. yet, to sit on the sidelines now could have huge implications for your personal and business brand development and growth.
Facts? 50 million people were on LinkedIn in 2009. Another 175 million on Facebook and 18 million on Twitter. Potential or current customers? Candidates? Vendors? Clearly, the time to cultivate a clear social media vision, strategy and action plan is NOW!
Come learn the value and distinctions to be made as you decide what level of involvement is right for you and your business. This timely half-day conference will feature three distinct presentations from unique and hands-on subject matter experts.
Employment law: What are the pitfalls and legal concerns with use of social media?
- Presenter - Julie Holmes, Employers Association, HR Consultant
Marketing and Public Relations: How you and your company can use social media to drive brand awareness and consumer and B2B traffic
- Presenter - Ryan May, Risdall McKinney Public Relations, Vice President
Recruiting and Workforce Retention: New tools for the looming "War for Talent"
- Presenter - Paul DeBettignies, Recruiter, Blogger, Social Media Consultant
The time is NOW and it starts HERE!
Who should attend
Individuals who want to:
- Better understand the types and functions of social media and networking; what are the different platforms and professional applications
- Learn how to incorporate social networking and medial into your personal and organization's career development efforts
- Learn how to take a systematic and thoughtful approach to advancing your understanding and use of social media and networking
- Determine a strategy for using social networking and media for business
- Understand the legal, policy and resource issues with effectively "managing" social media
This conference will be held at EA's Plymouth location.
Cost (early bird registration deadline is March 4th)
- Member price $99/$79
- Affiliate Member price $109/$89
- Standard price $159
For more information and to register click Social Media Conference: The Time is Now