I should not say this but three days in a row of Minnesota Morning, I am on a roll. What’s the number it takes to make something a habit, 21 days? Baby steps Paul, baby steps. Stay focused, you know you can do it.
Yes, I am talking to myself. Yes, it happens often. It’s when the voices start having conversations and I am just a spectator. OK, the last two I was joking. I swear.
For better and worse Minnesota has been on cable news the past two days. No, not because of the snow storm (we have been trumped by our East Coast friends) but because of this billboard on I 35 north of Minneapolis:
- MPR: The mystery billboard
- NPR: 'Miss Me Yet?' Billboard With Photo Of Bush Is Real; Not An Internet Trick
- KARE 11 (Minneapolis NBC affiliate) George Bush pops up on Minn. billboard
Here is another distinctly Minnesota thing, a parody of Empire State of Mind:
That’s right, “Put your mittens in the air” I love that line.
And because I am a big Alicia Keyes fan here is the real thing:
Hypocrisy in Politics:
Yesterday I picked on the Republicans a bit so to prove I am an equal opportunity critic the following is a video from White House Press Secretary Gibbs poking some fun at Sarah Palin and her crib sheet on her hand. I admit this is funny but I fail to see how this helps the political dialogue:
WARNING, if you read this in the coming weeks (and assuming I stay on my roll of posting regularly) you will be subjected to sports highlights, Red White and Blue, chants of USA, USA, USA and lots of mentions of Minnesota athletes at the game.
Unfortunately I start with a bummer from ESPN Vonn's status might become clearer regarding our local girl Lindsey Vonn and the injury to her shin that may keep her out of the Olympics. Blame it on Sports Illustrated? Is Lindsey Vonn a victim of the Sports Illustrated cover jinx?
OK, now to the Daily Links…
Minnesota Business News:
- Minneapolis St Paul Business Journal: Hecker indicted by grand jury
- MinnPost.com: Minnesota workers' comp costs among lowest in 15-state study
- Finance and Commerce: Medical device makers cry foul at proposed bill
- Bring.mn: Best Buy preparing open-source release of its virtual suggestion box
Recruiter and HR:
- Staffing Talk: As Job Boards Venture into Recruitment, Recruiters Too Position Themselves as Job Boards
- CollegeRecruiter.com: Best Facebook Fan Pages for Job Seekers
- Punk Rock HR: Social Media & Friendships
- Rehaul: Are You Sure You Want To Resolve Conflict?
- ResearchGoddess: How Not To Network With A Recruiter
- The HR Capitalist: Snow Days: It's a Problem of Motivation, Bob...
- JohnSumser.com: Is HR Relevant and Does It Matter?
Local blog posts from TwinCitiesBlogs.com:
- St Paul Real Estate Blog: The roof
- 1 Raindrop: Models and Reality
- YAYBIA!: Google Buzz: The Hive is Missing Context
- The Same Rowdy Crowd: Jobs, Not Health Care Reform?
- Agency Babylon: Whining about agency new-business indignities won’t make them vanish
- Lawyerist.com: What Drives You?
- Schneier on Security: Interview with a Nigerian Internet Scammer
- Blog On A Stick: Should Web Developers Switch To Google Chrome?