For those not familiar with me and are wondering if a session(s) would be a good use of your time I am an IT Recruiter with 11 years if experience and have been speaking to groups of all ages and skill sets in groups of 20-200 and now online for 7 years.
Here is some background on presentations and interviews I have been a part of and recognition as a Minnesota Social Media Innovator:
While Be Your Own Headhunter is under going a facelift this is how to stay in touch with upcoming seminars:
All presentations are 60-90 minutes with a Q&A that follows.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are unable to attend the sessions during these times (or are seeing this post after sessions have been held) either click MN Headhunter Blog or Be Your Own Headhunter where you will find a calendar of upcoming events or register anyway so you can get the slides via email.
September 22nd, 1 PM CDT
Job Search Toolkit - Be Your Own Headhunter
Economic and labor statistics and projections show that while the economy may be coming back the employment market will lag more than previous recessions and worse, many are predicting a jobless recovery.
This is session is for those in a job search or those thinking either by choice or force they will be doing one soon.
If you are wondering how to create/use your network, how to find the hidden job market, be more aggressive with your job search approach or are relying on job boards to find jobs to apply to then this session is for you.
Topics to be covered include:
- Plan your job search
- How to market yourself
- Ways to ask for referrals and advice
- Where to find the hidden job market
- Where to research companies
- How to find contact names and email addresses
- Tips on using email and phone for contacting and follow up
To register click: Job Search Toolkit - Be Your Own Headhunter
September 23rd, 1 PM CDT
LinkedIn A to Z - Use LinkedIn Like A Headhunter
There is a big difference between “being on LinkedIn” and “using LinkedIn.”
Whether you are using LinkedIn as a job seeker, recruiter, sales person or for general networking purposes this presentation will show you how to:
- Create and optimize your profile
- Create your personal URL
- Connect with and expand your network
- Find and participate in groups
- Research companies
- Use Google to see all of LinkedIn, not just your 3 degrees
- Write and ask for recommendations
- Participate in Questions and Answers
- Search for names using keywords, title, company, skill set and location
- Search strings will be included
- Avoid pitfalls
To register click LinkedIn A to Z - Use LinkedIn Like A Headhunter
September 24th, 1 PM CDT
Using Social Media For Networking, Lead Generation And Job Search
For those of us who have profiles on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and Ning groups and/or write a blog we often use these site to communicate with friends, peers, coworkers and family but until recently very few thought of them as opportunities to network, for lead generation, or to find jobs and consulting opportunities.
In this 60 minute presentation (with 30 minutes of Q&A to follow) you will learn to create your hub or online presence with the use of Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Ning groups and blogs showing ways one can:
- Optimize profiles with keywords, locations, etc
- Use the site to search others
- Join and create groups
- Overtly and covertly say you are networking, looking for customers, jobs or consulting gigs
- Show what you are working on and prove expertise
- Engage in a regional, local and industry conversation
- Connect and network prior to and after industry events
To register click Using Social Media For Networking, Lead Generation And Job Search