There has been a lot of talk about the bottom of the employment market being reached (I agree) and a pick up in hiring (depends on who you are, where you live and what you do) but to think the bad news is over is putting ones head in the sand.
The other issue is that jobs are being increased 1, 5 and 10 at a time while cuts are still much larger.
St. Jude Medical – 200 jobs
- St. Jude Medical cutting 200 jobs Minneapolis St Paul Business Journal
- St. Jude Medical Lays Off 200 TwinCities Business Monthly
- St. Jude Medical cuts 200 jobs in U.S. St Paul Pioneer Press
BAE Systems – 314 jobs
- BAE Cuts 314 Jobs in Fridley TwinCities Business Monthly
- Fridley defense contractor BAE confirms 314 layoffs Minneapolis St Paul Business Journal
ADC – 55
- ADC expands global workforce reduction; 55 cut in MN Minneapolis St Paul Business Journal
- ADC to Expand Workforce Reduction TwinCities Business Monthly