I found myself doing some work today and am without my college football update I was looking forward to giving. But since tomorrow is a day of games I will save it for then.
My Minnesota Golden Gophers play the Kansas Jayhawks today in the Insight Bowl starting at 5 PM CST. I will skip the ongoing online debate about why a bowl would have a tie in with the NFL Network and one that unless you have premium sports tier cannot see.
I take that back, Comcast is doing a one day preview for free but only if you have digital cable.
I do not have the premium sports tier which may shock many but by choice I do not. The last thing I need is any more access to sports options.
And being a non gadget guy do not have digital cable either so I am getting together with a couple of friends one of whom has digital and a big TV. Very nice.
Here are a few local bloggers writing about the game. I would point you to Gopher The Roses (my Gopher football blog) but since it has not been posted on since September you can skip it (you might need to scroll on these sites as the men’s basketball team play Michigan State this morning):
And some other links:
- GopherSports.com (Official home of Gopher athletics)
- Minneapolis Star Tribune Gopher Coverage
- St. Paul Pioneer Press Gopher Coverage
Last I heard the folks in Vegas have Kansas favored by 9. That may not be current.
I am picking the Gophers by 4. Not a homer pick. I think with the extra practice, new OL coach, a healthy Eric Decker, and some time for the rest of the guys to heal up from late season the Gophers will win this game.
So more college football tomorrow.
- HR Search Marketing: Guaranteed Rankings - There's No Such Thing I hope Nicole start writing more. She has a lot of insightful information
- Cheezhead: 2009 hiring predictions Consistent with everything else I have seen
- HR Wench: Breaking news: companies don't walk their talk Not breaking news really as this is unfortunately very common
- FunnyBusiness: Note to HR Folks: Hiring Over-Qualified People Is A Smart Strategy
- Career Upshift: Expert Reveals How Facial Expressions Influence a Job Interview Yes, the little things do matter
- CareerAlley: Job Search New Year’s Resolutions - What’s yours?
- The Conference Board: December numbers released. All lower as expected but not in a steep decline
- Seen on CNBC: Couple in Maryland doing a raffle for their $1.2M home. Tickets $50 www.fiftydollarhouse.com
Local blog posts from TwinCitiesBlogs.com:
- RickMahn.com: Interesting how people plan for the new year
- FunnyBusiness: Are Furloughs Becoming The Strategy Du Jour To Cut Costs?
- B2B Lead Generation Blog: How to use social media for lead generation
- Online Marketing Blog: How Community Building Boosts SEO
- Garrick Van Buren .com: 2009: A Year of Clarity