Sometimes the day does not allow a blog post let alone write about things on my mind or I hear about like economic, political, local news (sports too).
With Twitter, you at least get some of the flavor, a flash moment during the day, of what I am thinking about. You can follow during the day or see the digest below.
Here are the highlights of my recent Twitter activity. If you want to see the full version click MN Headhunter on Twitter
MN Headhunter on Twitter | December 20, 2008 - December 15, 2008 (last one first, links added):
December 20, 2008
- I must be finally starting to feel better. 2 am I am wide awake, cleaning, doing laundry, and creating a presentation about 19 hours ago from web
- Grilling cheeseburgers made more sense a couple of hours age when it was +17. At -3, not so much
- RT: @StevenRothberg Was interviewed by MN Public Radio on the college job market http://tinyurl.com/89fn72
- 80's flashback: Anyone remember The Hooters? I was a big fan. Link to YouTube video of And We Danced
- Go Gophers!!! Men's hoops beats #9 Louisville
- Diggings: This Is What Happens After Decimating A Daily Newspaper Through Endless Rounds Of Layoffs
- Yeah. 4 college football games today. Will not Tweet each one. I promise. But will get a lot of work done today.
- I'm dreaming of a white Christmas... oh sorry, was just looking out the window as I was waking up. Not a dream.
December 19, 2008
- Great conversation RT: @Tavisd Just spent 2 hours on the phone with @MNheadhunter - solving the worlds problems one recruiter at a time
- CIO.com: The Dangers of Getting Contract IT Work Through Staffing Agencies
- I am celebrating my 3,000th Tweet by saying: Governor Blagojevich is a tool.
- Spoke with @NicoleBodem and I think we would both be good philanthropists
- Illinois Governor Blagojevich will soon give a statement. Will not take questions.
- Minnesota Senate race: The election that keeps on giving.
December 18, 2008
- Gopher Football: Live on St. Louis TV, Bryant Allen with offers from MN, KS, MO, IA and WI chooses the University ..... of.....MINNESOTA
- Something I never thought I would say: The Southern California and Las Vegas snow storm heading for Minneapolis.
- JibberJobber: Okay, I’m Sold On Twitter
- Business Pundit: The 50 Best Business Blogs of 2008
- U.S. News: 5 Ways to Fix Your Job Search
- ABC News: Job-Hunting: Are You Scaring Recruiters?
- Neighbor gave me a funny look. Was it because I started the grill in +12 degree weather or dropping a match in because ignitor was frozen?
- Minnesota jobs number: November -10,500 Unemployment rate to 6.4% from 5.9%
- RT: @TalentSynch Funny snow related news in WA "there's no way out of Redmond right now" - sortof like being stuck in a MSFT error loop ;-)
December 17, 2008
- How It's Made just taught me that it takes 30 minutes to make a box of candy canes
- Fistful of Talent: Why Your LinkedIn Prospects Are Laughing At You...
- CollegeRecruiter.com: Gen Y Has Highest Unemployment Rate
- JobMob: The 25-Point Layoff Success Checklist You Hope to Never Need
- OPEC cuts oil production again. Oil prices go down again to 4 year low $40.26
- RT: @ComicTwit How do you know when it's going to be a good day at work? When you see your boss' picture on the side of the milk carton.
- We're tarped. Thank you @jeremylattimore
- Tarp a new 4 letter word? Go tarp yourself. You're a tarper. You're a dirty little tarp. Not quite finding the correct context
- Twitterholic has folks in Mpls wondering who @jjbuss is. Jason Buss is much respected in the Recruiter/HR industry. The Talent Buzz
- MSNBC reporting a train derailment in SE MN. Some of the cars may have gone in the river
December 16, 2008
- Chicago Sun Times: Rahm's calls on tape Rahm Emanuel might be on 21 different taped conversations. So far a "rumor"
- My neighbor is from North Carolina. His first winter, not a big fan. Wally his 7 month old lab LOVES it. Conflict fun to watch
- GL Hoffman of JobDig is on Twitter @GLHoffman and has a new book out called Dig Your Job
- Biased referral for my Recruiter/HR friends. In need of marketing/PR related materials? contact @marenhogan A good person doing good stuff
- Weight loss program, calling it the "DeBettignies Head and Chest Cold" I am down 8.5 lbs in 10 days. Woo Hoo
- Best Buy buy out a bummer but from what I have seen so far it seems that they are doing a good job with the severance package
- Seems to me if one wants to portray themself as innocent, hiring a former O.J. or R. Kelly attorney is not the way to go
- Upgrading myself from crappy to sub human. First time I slept more than 4 hours at one time in a week. My head/chest cold may be breaking
- If you are seeking a senior .Net consultant in Minneapolis contact @AdamBodem
December 15, 2008
- Watching as people walk by with their dogs at a much faster pace than usual. -9 air temp and -23 wind chill a motivator
- Congrats to an old friend @davemn who was one of the ten Minnesota Obama/Biden electors. That must be a cool experience
- -7 air temperature and -30 wind chill in Minneapolis. Laughing at weather dude talking about Dallas 39 and wind chills. Whatever