Sometimes the day does not allow a blog post let alone write about things on my mind or I hear about like economic, political, local news (sports too).
With Twitter, you at least get some of the flavor, a flash moment during the day, of what I am thinking about. You can follow during the day or see the digest below.
Here are the highlights of my recent Twitter activity. If you want to see the full version click MN Headhunter on Twitter
MN Headhunter on Twitter | December 14, 2008 - December 10, 2008 (last one first, links added):
December 14, 2008
- Gopher football receives 2 commitments from visitors this weekend. 3* DB and a 3* JUCO OL
- When attending future events I will put in my bag a pair of sneakers so I can show my contempt in real time rather than blog about it later
- Good news: Only rain in Mpls. Little snow to be had. Bad news: -30 windchills tonight to Tuesday morning. Brr, brr, brr
- Simply Hired: Job Searches Increase by Twenty-Seven Percent in November
- Spin Strategy: How looking for a job is like selling your house
- Manpower Employment Outlook Global Survey
- Politico: GOP resumes are piling up on Hill
December 13, 2008
- Best friends these days are lame but helping out: Mucinex D, Tylenol, bed, couch, chair. Upgrading myself from this sucks to mostly crappy
- Heisman Trophy: Sam Bradford of Oklahoma. I had him #3 but flip a coin between he, Tim Tebow of Florida and Colt McCoy of Texas
- Called a friend. Her daughter answers and says, "Uncle Paul you sound poopy" yes dear I do and am feeling poopy.
December 12, 2008
- Mother Nature to Minnesota: "I am giving you 2 days of warm weather. Then a big snow storm and below 0 highs. You chose to live here."
- RT @glarocque Hiring! CONSULTATIVE SALES Understands Tech, Media, Services & Web 2.0 - Recruiting/Sourcing | Referrals? firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Hiring Site (CareerBuilder): Who Would You Follow?
- Was hoping for some good late night TV and found Judge Dredd. Sucked then sucks now. The only good part is any part with Diane Lane.
December 11, 2008
- ABC News, Houston: Holiday gifts for the unemployed @jasonalba and JibberJobber.com mentioned
- Richard Schulze, Best Buy founder, & family foundation donate $40M to the University of Minnesota for diabetes research http://cli.gs/V34UXJ
- AP: Bank of America to cut 30K - 35K over 3 years. Final numbers in early '09. Redundancy (mergers) and economy cited as reasons
- A stop, read, ponder article: The Value of Being Utterly, Gloriously Wrong Thanks @medxcentral for the link
- #RothbergWebinar: Facebook says average age of a user is 25
- #RothbergWebinar: MySpace says average age of a user is 35
- 800 Recruiters signed up for @StevenRothberg on using Facebook.
- Want to learn/want to better use Facebook as recruiting tool? @stevenRothberg doing a free webinar today 1 pm CT
- Weekly jobless claims +58K to 573K. 4 week avg to 540K from 526K. Continuing claims to 4.09M All stats are year highs
December 10, 2008
- Found Twitturly by accident, http://twitturly.com It tracks your Twitter linking history. http://www.recruitingblogs.com/group/followmeontwitter
- Was asked: Is the grass greener on the the side? My reply: If you like to mow, water, weed, rake, fertilize on your own, then yes
- Digital Daily: Take This Yahoo Job and Shove It http://cli.gs/31gQQM 2:53 PM Dec 10th from web
- 9 Recruiter/HR Twitter users added to Follow Me On Twitter group @recrutiingblogs.com
- YourHRGuy.com: The One Thing You Should Do Today