Sometimes the day does not allow a blog post let alone write about things on my mind or I hear about like economic, political, local news (sports too).
With Twitter, you at least get some of the flavor, a flash moment during the day, of what I am thinking about. You can follow during the day or see the digest below.
Here are the highlights of my recent Twitter activity. If you want to see the full version click MN Headhunter on Twitter
MN Headhunter on Twitter | December 7, 2008 - December 2, 2008 (last one first, links added):
December 7, 2008
- Hello Minneapolis. Snow on the ground. Area drivers appear to be learning how to drive on it. Left Kansas CIty 37 degrees. Minneapolis 15
- A few MN friends called me a whiner for talking about the weather in Kansas City last night. Now I see why. It's f'ing cold here.
- Now looking up gas prices to maximize our purchasing power. Looks like Owatonna winds with upper $1.50's KC was $1.39. Most of Iowa $1.69
- Between Mason City and the border. No, knowing we are "almost" to the border does not help.
- My buddy keeps on showing where we are on his Blackberry and GPS. Is this the digital version of, "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"
- Heading back to Minneapolis. Had a good time except of the cold weather last night and not close game between Oklahoma and Missouri
December 5, 2008
- Hello Kansas City, road construction and rush hour traffic
- Missouri short on highway funds? I ask because right lane on this part of I 35 has a 3 ft wide repave strip. But not the whole lane.
- CNBC: Huge Job Losses Could Be Signal That Worst Is Over
- Minnesota Recruiters supporting Second Harvest Heartland. To learn more and link to donation page go to www.minnesotarecruiters.com
- Not being over adventerous we chose the modern rest stop.
- Another Iowa observation. Sign says Rest Area ahead. Another sign says Modern Rest Area 19 more miles. What amenities does this one have?
- Just passed a sign: Huge Safe Sale. And I am wondering. Are only the big ones on sale or is it a big sale?
- Hello Des Moines
- Next to rest stop is a sign that says Prairie Area. WTF, why a designated place for a prairie area? The whole damn state is a prairie area
- Who in the Twin Ctities wants to be in a good news TV piece about hiring? Are you hiring FT staff? Send an email ASAP firstname.lastname@example.org
- On the road to Kansas City for the Big XII Championship game. Just crossed into Iowa feeling a little out of place. Iowa has a funk about it
- Jobs report: College degree stays at 3.1%
- Jobs report: Under/unemployed is 12.5% from 11.8%
- Jobs Report: CRAP -535,000. Unemployment rate at 6.7% October revised from -240,000 to -320,000
- Jobs report: Seeing estimates between 275K to 350K. Even a couple near 500K
December 4, 2008
- YEAH!!!! A company that gets it. CNBC with a story that Creed, fragrance company, hiring while sales slow to hire good talent for upswing
- CNBC live in part from the Mall of America. Welcome home Rebecca Jarvis
- Minnesota budget deficit estimated at $5.2B from now to June 2011 not including inflation spending increases. Balance Budget law in place.
- Diggings: November Jobs Data By State From LinkUp.com
- CNNMoney.com: How long will the recession last?
- CollegeRecruiter.com: More Employers Admit to Using Facebook, MySpace to Background Check Candidates
- Standout Jobs: Is Hiring Easier in a Downturn Economy?
December 3, 2008
- WCCO lead in stories: Vikings players and suspension. Recount in Senate race. Porn at work. Suddenly #Victoria's Secret looks smart
- Is Channel 4 "accidentally" doing the 1 in 4 surf porn at work story on the same night as #Victoria's Secret? Hmm... Paging @DeRushaJ
- Oh and I am watching #Victoria’s Secret for the music :)
- It looks like this year #Victoria’s Secret prefers brunettes to blondes. I have no preference, am an equal opportunity kind of guy.
- RecruitingBlogs.com: 52 Social Media Ideas For HR and Recruiting
- Good news for Minneapolis 2 years in a row: Who climbed, fell in MarketWatch city rankings? (Hint Minneapolis #1 again)
- Neutral news (I take this as good news) for Finance: Robert Half International Financial Hiring Index
- MinnPost.com: How should Minnesota's congressional and legislative districts be redrawn?
- Good News for IT: Robert Half Technology IT Hiring Index and Skills Report And scroll down to see regional numbers
- Wall Street Journal: How to Handle the Job Offer You Can't Afford
- Good news you ask? Maybe one more. I am not an economist but this may be the bottom. How long we stay and until things go up is the question
- Good news you ask? Bill Gross of PIMCO on CNBC, 30 year fixed mortgages may go down to 4.5%. Umm, that and oil at $50. That's all I have
- Institute for Supply Management (ISM): Nonmanufacturing index fell to 37.3% from 44.4% in October. Worse than expected, 42.7% was estimate
- Labor Department unemployment numbers out Friday. Estimates are 350,000
- Challenger Gray & Christmas: 181,000 announced layoffs in November. 7 year high. 91,000 in financial services with 50,000 from Citigroup.
- ADP Employment Report: 250,000 jobs lost. Estimate was 205,000. October revised to 179,000 from 157,000
- The beginning of three days of horrible economic news has started....
December 2, 2008
- Personal Branding Blog: 5 Tips for Networking With People Who Are More Successful Than You Are
- Forbes.com: A Wall Streeter's Guide To Finding A Job