As sent in an email to the Minnesota Recruiters group November 14th, 2008
Thank you again for your patience regarding event information:
- November 21, 2008 from 8:00 am - 12:15 pm
- This is a free event held at Best Buy Corporate Headquarters in Richfield, MN.
- We have space for 240 attendees. In the past we have had a “wait list”.
- The goal of our events is to share and learn information, see old friends and meet new ones.
- We will be serving breakfast from 7:15 – 8:00 am.
- We will not be serving lunch as we have in past events but will have snacks, coffee and soda available throughout the morning.
- Day of event logistics will be sent via email Tuesday and Thursday of next week.
- Below the following information is the URL to register. Once registered you will receive an email notification.
Those of you who have attended previous events know that I am a big Gopher football fan. I am sending this while in a car (I am not driving) while on my way Madison, WI to hopefully see the Gophers bring Paul Bunyan’s Axe back to Minneapolis. I will have infrequent access to email and do my best to return messages in a timely manner.
Here are the basics:
7:15 – 8:00 am Networking and Breakfast
8:00 – 12:15 pm 3 Presentations and Networking
Quarterly and Event Sponsor
Community Outreach Partner
Second Harvest Heartland
- Social Media Panel
Senior Pipeline Generation Expert
Accenture at Best Buy
Sr. Sourcing Analyst
Katie Carty Tierney
Talent Acquisition Innovator
Technical Resources, Inc.
4 local experts will discuss how they use Social Media to source and recruit candidates, help establish a recruiter an employer brand, what their companies think of it, and pitfalls to watch out for.
- SEO/SEM More then Just Hype
Director, Search Marketing - Arbita
A presentation that explains the basic of SEO and SEM and how it is applied to recruiting.
As a recruiting professional whether you’re using search engines like Google, professional networks liked LinkedIn or social networks like Facebook, you’re using keywords everyday to find candidates. These same candidates are using keywords to look for jobs. In fact millions of job related searches are done monthly on search engines, job boards, job aggregators and other web properties. Learn how to take advantage of this talent opportunity without hiring an expert.
- Deep Structure Recruiting
Ovation, LLC Consultant
This session will focus on two concepts to take your candidate and hiring manager consulting skills to the next level. By the end of this session you will learn how to more accurately:
- Work within the unique styles of your managers and candidates
- Manage your own unique strengths and blind spots
This interactive session is the first of several skill development modules designed to increase recruiter competency during the position requirements definition, screening, and the candidate interview and closing process.
To register for the event click (or copy and paste) this URL:
Co-Founder and Coordinator