Sometimes the day does not allow a blog post let alone write about things on my mind or I hear about like economic, political, local news (sports too).
With Twitter, you at least get some of the flavor, a flash moment during the day, of what I am thinking about. You can follow during the day or see the digest below.
Here are the highlights of my recent Twitter activity. If you want to see the full version click MN Headhunter on Twitter
MN Headhunter on Twitter | November 3, 2008 - October 28, 2008 (last one first, links added):
November 3, 2008
- CNN.com/Technology: #@*!!! Anonymous anger rampant on Internet
- Say it ain't so... Have an email from a "R" D.C. friend who is trying to figure out who will be in New Hampshire in January. Sick and wrong
- A great walk. A very tame Doe hanging out on walking path between St. Anthony Main and Stone Arch Bridge. Not phased by people or dogs
- Off for a walk and clear my brain on a 74 degree day. Have a lot of things to do that I am late on but cannot let this beautiful day pass by
- MSNBC for the most part focusing Obama's victory and administration. FOX News talking about how McCain can still win a close one.
- 65 degrees already in Mpls. 74 predicted would tie a record high. Feels really warm. Friday low of 27 and high of 39 will feel brr brr brr
- MSNBC election fact: First time in 40 years a former Yale student not on the President or VP ballot
November 2, 2008
- Among my "R" friends this weekend seeing defeat for McCain, washing their hands of Bachmann, strong support for Coleman, neutral on Paulsen
- Among my "D" friends this weekend surprised by lack of support for Franken. Obama, Tinklenberg, and Madia yes. But Franken almost none
- @quick13 Sorry I missed your message. Disappointed for sure on the Gopher loss but was/am OK. It happens. To us. A lot. but a good day/game
- Another beautiful weekend in Minneapolis. Next weekend not so much with highs in 30's and snow showers. Not a big fan of darkness at 5:15 pm
November 1, 2008
- Am thankful to have a good friend like @marenhogan
- U of M Homecoming: Wonderful friends. Great parade. Beautiful day. Awesome buzz at Dome. Good game. (erased the last 2 minutes from memory)
October 31, 2008
- For those wondering like @justrobyn dude on stretcher is getting A LOT of attention from the ladies. Said he was on a search for a nurse
- Halloween DT Mpls: Awesome. 4 dudes in scrubs carrying 1 dude on stretcher. Fake blood. Organ looking things on guys chest. Seeking a donor
- Halloween DT Mpls: Costume not so much. Woman wearing trench coat and heels. She proved to her friend she had nothing else on I am a witness
- Halloween DT Mpls: Just saw two British Grenadiers walk by. Waist up, traditional. Umm, waist down was very short skirt and thigh high boots
- @researchgoddess This may be a place to start: The Couch-to-5K Running Plan
October 30, 2008
- Sgt Preston's on the West Bank of U of M campus has a drink special that starts at 10. I felt really, REALLY old and left. Some in "costume"
- A 70 degree day in late October in Minneapolis is something to be treasured.
- #ereexpo Do we really need to be teaching Recruiters how to learn about their company? If so, how are they marketing their jobs?
- #ereexpo Who does Transactional Recruiting? HELLO!!! We hire/place people. We do not sell widgets or cars. Relationships matter.
- Economy: Q3 GDP at -.3% While bad news in general the good news is estimates were -.5% to -2.0%
- #ereexpo within your companies. Seems most should have taken a step back 6 months ago to see a bigger picture of where they fit in.
- #ereexpo As I watch the stream from the event it seems most Recruiters only see themselves as Recruiters. Open your eyes to bigger things
October 29, 2008
- Career Hub: The Secret To Success In A Downturn: Choosing Your Reaction
- Satisfying Career: How to Find a Job when there are none around
- U.S. News & World Report: 10 Things to Do the Day After You're Laid Off
- On with @animal at www.recruitingshow.com
- Thank you @ERE_net and @ereexpo for the streaming video. Now if I could just get a tan and a drink with an umbrella in Mpls...
October 28, 2008
- Dow Ind: closes +889. Seems odd for that big of a jump and wondering if some computer trading was involved. Or maybe no sellers left.
- Wall Street has weird day: Dow Ind starts +330. Worst Consumer Confidence Index ever (back to 1967) back to near 0. 30 minutes to go +600
- I will be on @Animal radio show tomorrow at 12 ET. That's 11 CT for us Minnesota folks. To call in or listen online www.recruitingshow.com
- Dude on CNBC Europe estimates $12 Trillion has been lost in global markets. I think he said just this month.