Sometimes the day does not allow a blog post let alone write about things on my mind or I hear about like economic, political, local news (sports too).
With Twitter, you at least get some of the flavor, a flash moment during the day, of what I am thinking about. You can follow during the day or see the digest below.
Here are the highlights of my recent Twitter activity. If you want to see the full version click MN Headhunter on Twitter
MN Headhunter on Twitter | November 7, 2008 - November 4, 2008 (last one first, links added):
November 7, 2008
- 12 hours to the Little Brown Jug game between Minnesota and Michigan. Go Gophers!!! Oldest travelling trophy in college football
- Here we go. @quick13 has been getting lots of face time promo'ing this piece
- For the local employers and recruiters if you are seeking a CRM Admin/Analyst/Manager with SalesForce and Database skills contact @quick13
- Check me out tonight on Channel 4 during the 5pm news. Turns out the advice I was giving was a question asked by @quick13 Small online world
- Off to Channel 4 studios (local CBS affiliate) to do the Good Questions segment for tonight. Job Search is the topic.
- Memo to D's & R's: Quit complaining about 3rd parties taking votes. Instead have a qualified candidate with a positive message
- Wall Street: GM misses badly. Q2 burned $1B a month. Q3 burned $2.3B a month. At this rate, would not make it to '09
- For me this McCain staffer off the record smack talk about Palin is making them look bad. If true, why did they pick here? Time to walk away
- @dbrauer Not being political and not seeking a conspiracy, how come the vote #'s only going in Franken's favor? Specific precincts?
- Jobs Report: Saying all that, there are sectors increasing jobs. Regions doing well. Parts of the economy doing more business.
- Jobs Report, Unemployment Rate: College degree 3.1%, Some college or AA 5.2%, High School 6.3%, No High School 10.3%
- Jobs Report, Unemployment Rate: Women 5.3%, Men 6.3%, White 5.9%, Hispanic 8.8%, Black 11.1%, Teens 20.6%
- Jobs Report: Unemployment rate 6.5% from 6.1% Highest rate since 1994
- Jobs Report: Oct -240K, Sept revised to –284K from first reported -159K, -1.2M in ’08
- By request about to post a bunch of numbers from October unemployment report
- Light snow in Minneapolis. Looks pretty. Still sucks.
November 6, 2008
- I support but should not question? Chris Matthews "I Want To Do Everything I Can To Make This New Presidency Work"
- I think late afternoons of sitting outside on the patio and chatting with the neighbors as they come home from work are over. Brr, brr, brr
- Politics: As heard on Hardball, Mike Huckabee will be in Iowa in 14 days for a visit. Bobby Jindal in 16 days. OMG, 2012 really is starting
- Wall Street: Seeing estimates of tomorrow's labor numbers between -200,000 and -250,000 and to drop .2% to 6.3%
- Wall Street: Dow Ind -443. Talk of another stimulous package. Retail sales at 25 year lows.
- Hanging out with @RecruitingBlogs friends as @marhenhogan does her chat on personal brand. Looks like at least 20 people participating
- Work Happy Now!: Obama Wins - 7 Career Tips You Can Learn From Obama’s Strategy
- Cheezhead: business as (un)usual
- ADP National Employment Report: (crap) For October -157,000 The bad part is many more losses are in the small and mid size companies
- Jobless claims: -4K to 481K. Last weeks number was revised to 485K from 479K. 4 week average same at 477K. Continuing claims up to 3.84M
- Target: Says October sales were disappointing and see lower sales through the holiday season and beyond
November 5, 2008
- Dow Ind -486 at the close to 9139
- 13 Twitter users added to the Follow Me On Twitter group at RecruitingBlogs.com, http://www.recruitingblogs.com/group/followmeontwitter
- Minnesota Golden Gopher football coach Tim Brewster named 1 of 15 semi finalists for the George Munger Award as College Coach of the Year
- Memo to SOS Ritchie: Please do not make us look like crazy Floridians. Do it right. Do it well. And if possible, do it quickly
- Coleman/Franken recount: And I should say I absolutely want a correct vote regardless which way it goes. Not looking forward to the process
- The election that keeps on giving. SOS Ritchie says Coleman/Franken recount to start mid Nov and go into Dec. I so want to move on
- This just hit me. Last night and this morning having a hard time remembering these 3 words used at any point, President George Bush.
- Happy Holiday!!! Help me come up with a new name. Celebrating the void of policitical commercials. How about "National Take Back My TV Day"
- MSNBC: Exit poll show in negative numbers age hurt McCain more than race hurt Obama.
November 4, 2008
- Seeing both "R's" and "D's" say the "I's" are giving the Senate seat to the other
- Thanks for hanging with me during this political season. As you see I really get into stuff.
- Regardless of who wins I love election night and inauguration day. That our country can do this peacefully is very special
- Funny to see all the comments on the boo's regarding McCain supporters. As if a few idiot Obama supporters would not have done the same
- Obama sent a cool email to supporters
- McCain gives a good speech. Nice tone. Nice remarks regarding Barack Obama. Good man and much respect for him.
- CNN calls it for Obama 10:00 PM
- For the record and because of lots of inquiries as a once undecided, I voted for Obama. But do not take that as support. Frustrated w/choice
- Funny to hear "D's" talking about uniting the country and wave of change. Umm, sounds like the "R's" did and most "D's" dismissed it then
- Norm Coleman: If this holds he will have lost to a wrestler and a comedian. (speechless)
- First Presidential election at home and not visiting my "R" and "D" friends at their party HQ hotels. I hope my "D" friends have fun tonight
- Prior to 7 pm McCain in the lead!!! As we get to the top of the hour I thought I would take advantage of what may be the last time to say it
- Citizen Journalists: Will the mostly left leaning sites be critical of Democrat admin and Capitol Hill? And will conservative ones pop up?
- Exit polls: This seems really low. Many others like me? 32% will be excited if Obama wins 12% if McCain
- Looking forward to a day I hope I get to see when the words "black man" and "woman" are not used to describe candidates
- Starbuck's may have been in violation of State of Washington election law with free coffee offer. Now free coffee to anyone who asks
- @researchgoddess What better referral can a guy have to find a woman than a posse of women? Maybe I should bring a puppy too?
- Wall Street: +300 on election day being here. Not so much an Obama or McCain trade. LIBOR down for 17th straight day.
- @researchgoddess You should wear shirts that says "all the good ones are taken except this one" with an arrow pointing to me. Help a guy out
- I want everyone who can vote to vote. But not being asked for my ID bothers me
- Voter #1050. Time in line = 12 seconds, seriously. Split ticket as usual. Voted for the duo I thought sucked the least like every election
- Obama, Farrakhan and Ayers all vote at the same place. Found on ABCNews correspondent blog. I lost the link
- RSS feed for MN Headhunter blog is now at 197. Looking forward to being done creating training material so I can blog again.
- @researchgoddess BusinessCard2 can be a good resource. And a Minnesota company
- Karl Rove: Predicts 338-200 Barack Obama electoral vote victory See his map http://www.rove.com/election I like to see how the "experts" do
- Will vote later this AM. Wonder if the talk about long lines will scare some away this evening. Still thinking this should be a holiday
- Chuck Todd on Morning Joe: MN Senate race a coin flip. If Coleman loses his political obituary will be the guy who lost to Ventura & Franken