Sometimes the day does not allow a blog post let alone write about things on my mind or I hear about like economic, political, local news (sports too).
With Twitter, you at least get some of the flavor, a flash moment during the day, of what I am thinking about. You can follow during the day or see the digest below.
Here are the highlights of my recent Twitter activity. If you want to see the full version click MN Headhunter on Twitter
MN Headhunter on Twitter | October 24, 2008 - October 18, 2008 (last one first, links added):
October 24, 2008
- Mom's dog freaked out. Nasty bark like unknown people around. Not 2 but 4 legged variety. 3-5 deer in the back yard. Pulse rate coming down
- Employment Digest: Follow-Up After the Job Interview
- Brazen Careerist: 3 Things Gen Y Can Expect From The Recession
- What Would Dad Say: Fact or Crap?
- Blue Cross Blue Shield in MN: Laid off 200-250 yesterday. Have not seen an official announcement or news article.
- Seth Godin: Be careful of who you work for
- Oil: <$64 OPEC to cut production 1.5M barrels a day
- CNBC: Mounting Layoffs: Why They're Different This Time
October 23, 2008
- Grandma: forgot the 12 grandgrand with one on the way. (oops)
- Leaving from Grandma's funeral. 93 years. 4 kids. 10 of us grandkids. 1 grandgrand on the way. Lots of lives touched because of her.
- Greenspan testifying: in part says does not see how to avoid significant layoffs and higher unemployment.
October 22, 2008
- MSP Business Journal: Petters HQ on the market
- ADC: Will cut 300-350 jobs starting in November. 150-200 in Minnesota. After will have 1,000+ in MN and 10,000+ worldwide
- Hardball CORRECTION RNCC not RNC: Chris Matthews reports RNCC has pulled all ads supporting MN Rep. Michele Bachmann
- Hardball: Chris Matthews reports RNC has pulled all ads supporting MN Rep. Michele Bachmann
October 21, 2008
- Lindsey Pollek: How to get a good job in a bad economy: 7 recession strategies
- Hardball: Chris Matthews has Bill Maher on. Maher calls Bachmann and Palin "Beavis and Butthead"
- Apple: Slight earnings miss and lowered expectations for 2009
- Yahoo: Slightly misses on earnings. To cut 10% of the workforce. Slightly lowers Q4 outlook
- CNBC: Merrill Lynch hands out 500 global pink slips, sales and training jobs. Expect 5,000+ after merger with Bank of America
- BusinessPundit: 5 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Accepting New Work
- Newly Corporate: 10 Ways To Know If You’ve Got A Healthy Professional Network
- MSNBC Your Career: Should you accept blame for a mistake?
- WSJ Independent Street: Why a Socially Conscious Workplace Makes Sense
October 20, 2008
- Minnesota Golden Gophers: Football is ranked #25 in two polls and #24 in the BCS poll. Last year seems (thankfully) so long ago
- MN Rep Michele Bachmann: To me for "D's" her being re-elected is better than having a "D" in her seat. She speaks and "D's" raise more $'s
- Nicole Bodem @nicolebodem is doing a SEO/SEM presentation in Silicon Valley this Thur at the Recruiting Roadshow, www.recruitingroadshow.com
- ReTweet @nicolebodem Recruiters and marketers are not that different - we both implement strategies to find people. :)
October 19, 2008
- Called up a buddy and asked if he needed help raking leaves. Yeah I really volunteered. Past peak around Bush Lake/Hyland Park but very good
October 18, 2008
- #SNL Friday NBC Universal announces 3% budget cut or $500 Million. Maybe they knew tonight would suck ahead of time
- #SNL Brolin sketch in board room about fall foliage. Asks "This is a joke right? No, no, no, no, no, no, no" Tonight this show is a joke
- Sarah Palin on SNL was lame. If that was the best they could do after all the hype, not worth doing. Tina Fey part was OK.
- Minnesota Landscape Arboretum: Spent the afternoon there. While past peak the colors are awesome. Wonderful day. www.arboretum.umn.edu
- Best Buy to hire 14-16,000 holiday season employees. Last year 26,000