Sometimes the day does not allow a blog post let alone write about things on my mind or I hear about like economic, political, local news (sports too).
With Twitter, you at least get some of the flavor, a flash moment during the day, of what I am thinking about. You can follow during the day or see the digest below.
Here are the highlights of my recent Twitter activity. If you want to see the full version click MN Headhunter on Twitter
MN Headhunter on Twitter | October 3, 2008 - September 30, 2008 (last one first, links added):
October 3, 2008
- MN Layoffs: I knew it would start. ResCap to let go 5,000 with 250 in MN with more later. Allina to eliminate 250 jobs through attrition
- Wall Street Journal: Mortgage Giants' Employees Being Encouraged to Stay
- Wall Street has already moved on past this vote. Looking at other bad news to focus on. Dow Ind +80. Very moody
- @wellstoneaction 15 years ago I was an intern for Rep Ramstad and have been an infrequent volunteer over the years. Congrats to you all
- House passes bill 263 to 171. Dow Ind +190
- Bailout vote begins: Dow Ind +280
- Pelosi thanks Kennedy and Ramstad for their work on Mental Health Parity
- Speaker Pelosi tone much, much different today.
- Rep Kennedy thanked MN Rep Ramstad and Wellstone family for their work on Mental Health Parity that is part of the bailout
- Tom Petters arrested today. (hat tip to @ashleymonseth) Channel 5 says he will appear before a federal judge today at 3 pm
- Jobs Report: -159,000 estimate was -105,000 Unemployment rate stays at 6.1%
- Wells Fargo to acquire Wachovia without gov't assistance.
October 2, 2008
- Pitt upsets #10 South Florida on the road. Another ranked team loses on ESPN Thursday night game.
- My 13 undecided's: Nothing new except 1 to new choices and all watched. Obama 2. McCain 1. Undecided 7. 3 (including me) want new choices
- #vpdebate Palin, I hope someone does a word check and if so, how may times did she use the word "also"? And then as a noun, verb, adjective?
- #vpdebate Palin did not lose. Biden did not win. Nothing changes. More wasted time.
- #vpdebate while historic this debate sucks just like Obama/McCain. Blah, blah, blah. Nothing new. Pitt 17 and #10 South Florida 14 7:11 Q3
- #vpdebate In this debate neither Biden nor Palin meeting the I can be President bar. Although I think Biden can and Palin likely cannot
- #vpdebate Observation: The committed left is pointing out how bad Palin is doing. Where is the "way to go Joe"? Not having good moments?
- #vpdebate 3rd critique. Do you remember that Miss USA candidate with the YouTube moment? Palin flirting with that. Complete sentences please
- #vpdebate My second critique. I have been a fan of Biden's for years but tonight he seems off. Not sure how to describe it.
- #vpdebate My first critique. Palin needs to answer the questions as she believes versus trying to sound smart. Was she over prepped?
- Memo to Biden & Palin: And sucking less than the other is not a win. Must be able to be President at moment's notice.
- Memo to Biden & Palin: Tonight prove you can or cannot be President. That is the only bar you need to reach.
- I found the source of my 10:30 pm bed time the other night. I picked up a cold.
October 1, 2008
- US Senate: New version of economic bill passes 74-25
- MN Layoffs: TCF Bank to let less than 50 go from their annuity business
- Southwest Airlines coming to the Twin Cities from @FinanceCommerce
- Layoffs: With the end of the 3rd quarter I am wondering where the announcements are. Have they been lost in the election and bailout news?
- Cheezhead: leaders sound off on financial crisis (recruiting leaders)
- Warren Buffett acquires stake in GE
- Marshall Goldsmoth Ask the Coach: 7 Steps to Stop Finger-Pointing in a Crisis
- ReTweet @ComicTwit How come we have to choose from just 2 persons for president, and 50 for Miss America?
- Citizen Journalist sites: are any in the "middle" or "conservative" ones? I see lots of ones on the "left". Or is CJ code word for "left"?
- ISM (manufacturing number) 43.5 in September, much lower than expected. August 49.9 in August Dow Ind -170
- Wishing my MN marketing and media friends a wonderful day at #mimasum08 & #unsummit08 At my recruiter desk all day watching streams from both
September 30, 2008
- 10:30 pm and I am checking out. Not important other than it has been months since I was in bed before Midnight
- Minnesota Twins fall to the Chicago White Sox. Crap. Was a fun season to watch. For the AL I now become a Tampa Bay Rays fan. NL, GO CUBS
- ReTweet: @ComicTwit STOP REPEAT OFFENDERS! Don't Re-elect Them