Sometimes the day does not allow a blog post let alone write about things on my mind or I hear about like economic, political, local news (sports too).
With Twitter, you at least get some of the flavor, a flash moment during the day, of what I am thinking about. You can follow during the day or see the digest below.
Here are the highlights of my recent Twitter activity. If you want to see the full version click MN Headhunter on Twitter
MN Headhunter on Twitter | October 10, 2008 - October 7, 2008 (last one first, links added):
October 10, 2008
- "Sometimes you are the windshield and sometimes you are the bug. I am flying around in rush hour traffic." Me 10-10-08
- Wall Street: Dow Ind traded from -700 to +300. Then a yo-yo at the end of the day. Finishes around -125 as computers catch up to late volume
- Diggings: LinkUp Data Shows Surprisingly Positive Jobs Picture In September
- Forbes.com: How To Steal Your Boss's Job
- jobacle: What Your Office Walls REALLY Reveal About You
October 9, 2008
- Asian markets down 7% - 11%
- Early results from our @mnrecruiters survey show a more positive outlook on Q4 and '09 hiring than I expected. Not great, not bad. Neutral
- My good friend Josh Kahn @jokahn is announcing his new blog http://find-attract.com Josh has a geat reputation. Works at Accenture/Best Buy
- Wall Street: -670 to 8500 GM down 31%. U.S. Treasury to buy stakes in banks this month. Iceland mostly bankrupt. (ugh)
- Wall Street: GM downgraded. Lowest level since 1950. S&P believes GM has enough liquidity to finish 2008
- ReTweet @minnesotarecruiters Survey sent out this morning. 10%+ response rate already. Getting good information about MN '08-'09 job market
- IBM announced Q3 earnings early (last night) Good news across the board and reaffirmed For Year estimates (whew)
- Weekly Jobless claims <20,000 to 478,000. Impacts of hurricanes starting to fade.
- Wall Street: Art Cashin of UBS on CNBC says markets are days or hours from a begin of comeback. Futures are up. Dow Ind -35% from high 10/07
October 8, 2009
- Baseball cards. Anyone in Minnesota know of a collector who might be interested in purchasing cards from 1955-1957? Aaron, Clemente and more
- @tommyoneill I heard a number on the radio of $3.1B Wondering about the forensic accounting that will be involved
- Tom Petters: To remain in jail. 2 others plead guilty
- U.S. News & World Report: Americans Expect Depression; Economists Don't
- Simple Job Search: Twitter in Your Job Search
- Wall Street: August new home sales +7.4% from July. Retailer same store sales < than expected
- @N614EF psychologically worse? Going to be. Fear of always worse than reality. Once announced rarely a follow up. Employment capitulation
October 7, 2008
- 13 Undecided's: Obama gains 2 for 4. McCain gains 1 for 2. Undecided to 1. Big shift of 3 to 6 for wanting new choices. New choices in lead
- #debate08 Gergen gave Obama a modest victory
- #debate08 Let me predict. FOXNews says McCain won. MSNBC says Obama. I guess I go to CNN to hear from David Gergen. Sort of Russert like
- #debate08 Yes or no question and Obama goes on and on. McCain waffles and then goes on and on.
- #debate08 I enjoyed the VP debate more. It was funny in a not so funny sort of way. This is sad in a sad sort of way
- #debate08 Obama playing "rope a dope" Not saying much. Letting McCain ramble, look old and angry. Good strategy but not motivating
- #debate08 Great question, how can we trust either guy/party?
- #debate08 Economy: convinced neither of these guys know what they are doing when it comes to economic issues
- MN Layoffs: G&K Services cutting 200 jobs, 20 in Minnesota
- Attracting Talent: Building a Powerful Employer Brand in Recruitment Marketing
- Scobleizer: So, you need a job? Man, do resumes suck
- The HR Capitalist: Here's What a Job Description That Doesn't Suck Looks Like...
- Business Pundit: 5 People and Things That Will Recession-Proof Your Small Business