Sometimes the day does not allow a blog post let alone write about things on my mind or I hear about like economic, political, local news (sports too).
With Twitter, you at least get some of the flavor, a flash moment during the day, of what I am thinking about. You can follow during the day or see the digest below.
Here are the highlights of my recent Twitter activity. If you want to see the full version click MN Headhunter on Twitter
MN Headhunter on Twitter | August 19, 2008 - August 16, 2008 (last one first, links added):
August 19, 2008
- Olympics: BMX bikes in the Olympics? WTF??? BMX bikes in and softball on the way out. Zeus must be pissed off.
- Funny quote from a MySpace page: "I'm not mean....you're just a sissy!"
- @newcoventry That's what I am presenting at the U of M for Welcome Week. I will see about 800 of the 5,000 through out the day.
- Phil Collins: 3rd divorce costs him $47M. All three when combined equal $84M. Is he that rich and that much of a pain in the ...?
- Added a slide to presentation to U of M freshmen next week. "If you have enough time for drama like "The Hills", get a job or volunteer"
August 18, 2008
- I helped @cullect find a bug, Internet Explorer Shows a Feed? It’s a Bug Is that good or bad?
- Working with @garrickvanburen on @cullect.com My computer is having issues and cannot play with the upgrade. Thanks Garrick for helping
- Olympics: Women's Trampoline. An Olympic sport? No way. It should be on ESPN's X Games for sure. But not an Olympic medal.
- MTV continues to dumb down society with a season premiere of The Hills. Bring back the Headbanger's Ball!!!
- Continue to be very frustrated with the "upgrade" LinkedIn did last week. Worse, no warning of what was to come. Even worse no communication
- NBC ratings: Michael Phelps/swimming was the most seen prime time broadcast in 18 years. 1990 was "The Golden Girls" spinoff "Empty Nest".
- @PussycatDoll #twitinbiz Separate accounts I don't know. I have seen (and experienced) getting business because of people getting to know me
- #twitinbiz Early adoptors tend to know other cool people who know many others, a useful networking tool to source and recruit for companies
- #twitinbiz The ability for small companies to compete with the big boys on a level playing field in marketing and PR
August 17, 2008
- Gas prices in Alexandria, MN $3.49. DT Mpls, $3.69. Beautiful sunset to the back and an awesome moon rise to the front. Home and unpacked
- Weekend w/Mom: Cut grass, weeded, trimmed, cut limbs, burned brush, lots of talk, and Mike's Hard Lemonade too. Good time.
August 16, 2008