Sometimes the day does not allow a blog post let alone write about things on my mind or I hear about like economic, political, local news (sports too).
With Twitter, you at least get some of the flavor, a flash moment during the day, of what I am thinking about. You can follow during the day or see the digest below.
Here are the highlights of my recent Twitter activity. If you want to see the full version click MN Headhunter on Twitter
MN Headhunter on Twitter | August 15, 2008 - August 12, 2008 (last one first, links added):
August 15, 2008
- @ChrisNalty I am thrilled to see someone else dressed their avatar in a more formal fashion although I am considering "giving the bird" too
- FYI, a baby turkey is called a Poult. Thanksgiving almost came early along with a trip to the body shop.
- Why did the turkey and it's baby cross the road? Because it wanted me to slam on the brakes and slide to a stop on the shoulder. A near miss
- Twin Cities Social Media breakfast: next Friday, August 22 for more info http://smbmsp.ning.com/
- Avatars taking over the social media folks in MPLS ahead of next weeks breakfast including: @MegCanada @gillianr @myklroventine @rickmahn
- LinkedIn: As a group manager I can only see those I am 1st degree connections to and not the rest.
- LinkedIn: As a group manager when approving requests to join I can no longer see email addresses of those I approve. How to introduce group?
- Linkedin has made changes to groups. Not seeing anything new as promised.
- New profile pic: I went from professional me, to Goldy Gopher and me, to a cartoon. Yeah, that pretty much sums me up.
August 14, 2008
- Olympics: Women's gymnastics brings home Gold and Silver!!! Not bad for a bunch of "old ladies" :)
- Olympics: I wonder if there is a Russian judge involved in these scores or did that end with the Cold War? Maybe it started again this week?
- Check that dude went residential loses control hits parked car. Gets out runs toward house and in front of Sheriff car and was hit. Is OK.
- Houston PD, Sheriff, spike strips 1 and fool driving the truck 0. Book 'em
- Today's high speed chase brought to us courtesy of a fool in Houston, TX and CNN Headline News
- @AaronWeiche 132/11/3&4. Visitor/student side. I usually do the Goal Line Club. $20 per person. No clean up, no hassle. What about you?
- New profile pic sort of. A two year old sort of fuzzy one. Goldy Gopher and I before the Cal game. 16 days to kick off. Go Gophers.
August 13, 2008
- Minor victory. First time I slept more than 6 hours and best I have felt in 10 days. Really hoping this is a trend.
- @slolee I just want to know you are leaving it all in the stands. That when you get out on Chicago Ave you know you did everything you could
August 12, 2008
- Olympics: Phelps, never seen a dude get that many flowers before. Quite the collection he has to go along with all those medals.
- Twins: Falling apart. Give up 3 in the 12th. @slolee not doing her job at the game. Need to speak with her about this.
- Monster.com: been a while since I was on. I get why companies say they are not getting their value from the database.
- Olympics: Breaks my heart more when our team falls. I get being strong, I get being a competitor, and the cameras too, but how not lose it?
- Olympics: I love cheering for the U.S. athletes. It still breaks my heart though when someone else falls. All that work and time, not fair.
- Big Brother: I hate it that I like to watch this show.
- Mother Nature just had a temper tantrum. Sun, 10 minute could not see across the courtyard downpour, sun. I hope she feels better now.
- Minnesota Recruiters: Josh Kahn @jokahn has a great idea for a monthly breakfast for sourcers. More info: www.minnesotarecruiters.com
- Obama to use text/email alert when VP is announced. A great idea to grow contact list. Although I bet it will only beat CNN by 45 seconds
- Help me find @MN_Web_Design and @Erich_Hanson a FT Perm PHP Programmer. Successful referral gets a $300 Apple gift card. DM me for info
- Olympics: Brandi Chastain as a player, awesome to watch. As a commentator, sucks. Way too analytical and critical. Bring back Julie Foudy.
- Olympics: US Women soccer leading New Zealand 4-0 Scored :43 into the game. Japan leading Norway. US will win the group.
- Gopher football tickets arrived in the mail Monday. 18 days until Northern Illinois. Road trip to Madison in November.