Sometimes the day does not allow a blog post let alone write about things on my mind or I hear about like economic, political, local news (sports too).
With Twitter, you at least get some of the flavor, a flash moment during the day, of what I am thinking about. You can follow during the day or see the digest below.
Here are the highlights of my recent Twitter activity. If you want to see the full version click MN Headhunter on Twitter
MN Headhunter on Twitter | August 8, 2008 - August 5, 2008 (last one first, links added):
August 8, 2008
- @theuptake I hate to say good. I have been a big, big fan of Edwards. But I do like equal punishment regardless of political affiliation
- @katiekonrath I am wondering if the "liberal" online media will jump on this with the same energy as they would if a Republican.
- John Edwards: MN Dem friend sends an email out: "Maybe now with the affair the squeeky clean Edwards is edgy enough to be elected". (wow)
- John Edwards: Admits to having an affair in 2006 http://abcnews.go.com
- @recruitingblogs For some the Recruiter has always been the focus but I can attest here in MPLS some have/do think tools matter more
- Chris Forman paraphrase: "The next killer app in recruiting is the recruiter." It makes me happy to hear thought leaders talking about this
- Returned from Minnesota Technical Recruiters Network www.mntrn.org event with Chris Foreman of AIRS
August 7, 2008
- @bcollinsmn Get the ball to the catcher because the picture/video of you not doing so will haunt/follow you forever. No pressure!
- MN friends, need some help. Email from college student looking for MN companies with 150 or less employees for a report. Where to look?
- @mitchellhislop I have been using TypePad. Multiple users and pages is $15 a month. No issues integrating widgets. Good tech support.
- Registered for tomorrow's Minnesota Technical Recruiters Network event with Chris Forman of AIRS. Go to www.mntrn.org to register
- Link: Social networking job boards -- fools gold or earthquake for recruiting world?
- Looking for a laugh? This will do it. ReTweet: @PowerBaby I can haz peas? http://tinyurl.com/6kxm8e
August 6, 2008
- #smhh sad I am not going to make it. Crappy days SUCK.
- @newcoventry #visi build teams through social media, absolutely
- Nearly Half of Employers Have Caught a Lie on a Resume, CareerBuilder.com Survey Shows
- Forbes.com: Top Colleges For Getting Rich
- Free webinar today: Web 2.0 and Social Media: What Your Business Needs to Know https://www2.gotomeeting.co...
- MN Headhunter Blog: Certification Requirements for Beginning IT Professionals
- Waking up to a U.S. Women's soccer vs. Norway is awesome. Not so good, Norway 2-0
August 5, 2008
- @dbrauer Good question and I found out Richard Fisher from the Dallas. His 5th dissent in a row.
- Fed rate: Unchanged at 2%. Seem a pinch more cautiously optimistic than last month while risks remain.
- LinkedIn News: Finding some friends who have not heard that starting August 14th users limited to membership in 50 groups.
- Oil: Hugo Chavez of Venezuela says $150 a barrel is irrational. Says $100 is a fair price. Wow, at one point he wanted it at $300
- MN Recruiters: help us make our events better. Check out www.hrsearchmarketing.com reply through Twitter and you may win a $100 gift card