Welcome to the new home of Be Your Own Headhunter.
Here is the upcoming schedule of online seminars (click the date to register):
May sessions to be posted soon.
Or you can watch/listen to a recent session below (2 hours 10 minutes) as often as you like
$30 after the session
This is an honor system and as a Job Seeker times may be very tough. Pay for what you can. Pay for what you learned.
While there is a fee for the webinar I want you to listen to it first. Did it help you? Do you see value in it? Was it worth your time?
If so then use the PayPal account you see on the right hand side of this page.
If you found nothing in the session that helped you then do not pay anything.
- To download the slide deck:
- "Buffering" or download times may vary
- There is on an occasion when an "Oops" pops up on the slides. I am monitoring it.
- Some Mac users may have difficulty viewing the above session (working on it)
Job Search Seminar: Be Your Own Headhunter
This is an aggressive approach that many have called the butt kicking they needed to become more proactive in their job search.
If you are wondering how to create/use your network, how to find the hidden job market, be more aggressive with your job search approach or are relying on job boards to find jobs to apply to then this session is for you.
I will challenge you to think like a Headhunter and empower you to take control of your job search.
2.5 hours seems like a long time but I cover a lot of ground including:
- Current economic and job statistics
- Conduct a personal online audit
- LinkedIn: optimize profile, search strings using keywords, title, company, skill set and location, how to connect
- Social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, etc)
- What to say and online to attract recruiters
- Selling and marketing of you, would you hire you
- Creating, using and supporting a network
- Company source of hire, where do recruiters find candidates
- Finding a job is a job and a contact sport
- Where to find job postings
- What are these hidden jobs people talk about, how do you find them
- Research companies, decision makers, hiring managers and recruiters
- Email: would to say
- Follow up: when and how often
Paul DeBettignies is a Minnesota IT Recruiter, the VP Recruiting at HireCast Consulting, author of the Minnesota Headhunter blog and Co Founder and Coordinator of Minnesota Recruiters.
Paul is a frequent local and national speaker and article contributor on recruiter, HR, career, networking and social media topics. He is also involved in the Minneapolis and St Paul technology, marketing and social media community as a sponsor, volunteer and mentor.
Presentations and Articles:
CONNECT WITH ME ONLINE